Discussion topic: Sky glass using headphones and speakers at the same time

This message was authored by TerryP100 This message was authored by: TerryP100

Sky glass using headphones and speakers at the same time

I am trying to set up Sky Glass to use both bluetooth headphones and speakers at the same time (so audio comes through both at once). I was told by the original Sky salesman that this was possible, and have found the following article https://www.sky.com/help/articles/connecting-bluetooth-devices-to-sky-glass which I followed.

The headphones are set up and recognized, but when I switch the audio output (step 8 and 9), I only have the option of TV speakers (internal/HDMI eARC) and Bluetooth Device, whereas the article shows these options PLUS 'Bluetooth and TV speakers' together.

Has anyone experienced this and knows of a fix? I phoned Sky and they said this was not possible, despite their own article showing the contrary.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland Answer

Re: Sky glass using headphones and speakers at the same time

@TerryP100 

What software version is listed in settings on your Sky Glass

The option to use Bluetooth headphones and internal speakers same time is if your Sky Glass has 

the new Software version QS014.005.00P

If you Sky Glass is still on QS013.503.00P you won't have the  option yet to use headphones and internal speakers same time

Sky Software firmware versions are rolled out in batches to customers Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks

Some customers get new software versions before others 

If your Sky Glass still on QS013.503.00P it will be updated to QS014.005.00P at some stage in February

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland Answer

@TerryP100 

What software version is listed in settings on your Sky Glass

The option to use Bluetooth headphones and internal speakers same time is if your Sky Glass has 

the new Software version QS014.005.00P

If you Sky Glass is still on QS013.503.00P you won't have the  option yet to use headphones and internal speakers same time

Sky Software firmware versions are rolled out in batches to customers Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks

Some customers get new software versions before others 

If your Sky Glass still on QS013.503.00P it will be updated to QS014.005.00P at some stage in February

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks
This message was authored by Sylviaanderson This message was authored by: Sylviaanderson

I have very recently purchased a 65inch Sky Glass ands trying to connect my Beats solo3 wireless headphones without success 

my husband has successfully connected his Sony wireless headphones 

Any help or advice will be full appreciated

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sylviaanderson  Are yours a2dp compatible?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion