Discussion topic: Sky glass tv won't turn on

This message was authored by Gazking69 This message was authored by: Gazking69

Sky glass tv won't turn on

The red light at the front of the TV is on, but the TV will not turn on when I press the button on remote (has new batteties) or the button on the right hand side, or with any motion.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Sky glass tv won't turn on

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Gazking69 

I've escalated this to Sky Community Messaging Team who will send you an invitation for an online chat.

The link below explains the procedure

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Keep a look out for the speech chat bubble that will appear on the bottom left of your screen when you are logged onto this forum. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.  Note replies from Sky are not instant so you’ll need to regularly check the chat thread.

Good luck.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Gazking69It is possibly not switching on as the remote is not working.  Check the remote to make sure that when you removed the plastic tab none of it has  broken off within the battery compartment and is still blocking the battery connections.

You could also try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a cloth. This method seems unlikely but had got many remotes working again (including mine)

If that doesn't help you post back here and I can get your issue escalated to the Community Messaging Team.

Gazking69
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gazking69 This message was authored by: Gazking69

Hi. Everything was working until recently I've had the tv for over a year now. Not even the button on the right side of the TV does anything

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Hi @Gazking69 

I've escalated this to Sky Community Messaging Team who will send you an invitation for an online chat.

The link below explains the procedure

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Keep a look out for the speech chat bubble that will appear on the bottom left of your screen when you are logged onto this forum. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.  Note replies from Sky are not instant so you’ll need to regularly check the chat thread.

Good luck.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Gazking69 an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Gazking69 

A private chat was started but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Jojo2408 This message was authored by: Jojo2408

I intermittently have same issue. Sometimes the red light doesn't even come on. Checked all plugs etc. Just turn off at mains and retry until it works. 
Sonetimes once red light is on the standby button on remote fails to turn it on (batteries checked) Any advice?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion