Discussion topic: Sky Glass Turns Wi-Fi back on

This message was authored by Me123321123 This message was authored by: Me123321123

Sky Glass Turns Wi-Fi back on

Has anyone fixed the issue of Sky Glass turning the Wi-Fi back on regularly despite switching it off in settings and connecting via wired Ethernet.  

Mine does it from time to time and then loses good connectivity and dies involving a power off reboot normally.

Thanks

A

All Replies

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Re: Sky Glass Turns Wi-Fi back on

Connect it with  an ethernet cable , if you  can  it's  more stable 

Me123321123
Topic Author
This message was authored by Me123321123 This message was authored by: Me123321123

It always has been.  Hence it gets unstable when wifi randomly switches back on in settings. 

A

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Me123321123 Have you reported the defect to Sky, the community already know this happens!

Exiled in HH
Me123321123
Topic Author

Thanks - I searched but didn't find it in any obvious place.

Does this mean I need to spend an hour on the phone with Sky or is there a form/email I can use?

Thanks

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

I've seen claims that it only takes 5mins.... although most take lot longer to get through to Sky's CSs by phone☹️

Exiled in HH
Me123321123
Topic Author

Not contacted Sky yet but hav3 found connecting to my Wi-Fi and then switching Wi-Fi off and going back to wired has significantly improved stability.

A

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

I've seen claims that it only takes 5mins.... although most take lot longer to get through to Sky's CSs by phone☹️

@Exiled-in-HH In the last 2 years I have probably phoned Sky on 4 or 5 occasions and have always been surprised at how fast I was actually talking to Customer Services.  On one occasion it took about 15 minutes but on all the other calls it was less than 5 minutes 😀.  Maybe it is just luck, who knows 🤷‍♂️

The difficulty is usually getting past the chatbot.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

@Fothergill1 the beauty of the magic password 😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Exiled-in-HH Maybe you need to be a SU+ to get one of those 🤣

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by 82bit This message was authored by: 82bit

They know, and they don't care. It annoys me immensely. If I've turned an option off, I've turned it off for a reason. I don't want it turning itself back on. 

~-~-~-~-~-~
Sky Glass 65” with Sky Live
Sky Glass 43” with Sky Live
Sky Stream Puck + Sky Soundbox
Sky Stream Puck x3

BT FTTP:
↓920Mbps
↑110Mbps
~-~-~-~-~-~

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion