Discussion topic: Sky glass tv had a has about 2inch dark line down my tv just past middle on right hand side

This message was authored by Elaineclarke1 This message was authored by: Elaineclarke1

Sky glass tv had a has about 2inch dark line down my tv just past middle on right hand side

• Sky glass tv has blue coloured line down my tv just off middle on right hand side

Best Answers
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam Answer

Re: Sky glass tv had a has about 2inch dark line down my tv just past middle on right hand side

@Elaineclarke1 

This is a known software glitch with Sky Glass. It can happen randomly. 

Turn the TV off at the wall for a few minutes then power it back on and allow it to reboot. If the line has not cleared then you'll need to ring Sky for further troubleshooing. The software may be corrupt and you may need a replacement TV (if you are still under warranty.)

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

Elaineclarke1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Elaineclarke1 This message was authored by: Elaineclarke1

Re: Sky glass tv had a has about 2inch dark line down my tv just past middle on right hand side

My sky glass tv has a blue coloured line down screen it's just off centre of screen more right hand side please can you help

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam Answer

@Elaineclarke1 

This is a known software glitch with Sky Glass. It can happen randomly. 

Turn the TV off at the wall for a few minutes then power it back on and allow it to reboot. If the line has not cleared then you'll need to ring Sky for further troubleshooing. The software may be corrupt and you may need a replacement TV (if you are still under warranty.)

Elaineclarke1
Topic Author

20240507_174542.jpg

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Elaineclarke1  I had a very similar dark grey line on my Glass screen and the suggestion made above by @Padam_Padam cured it for me.  I actually left the Glass TV unplugged overnight and in the morning when I plugged it back in the line had disappeared and thankfully never returned again.

If the reboot doesn't work or the line reappears in the future I would call Sky to discuss some more troubleshooting and if necessary a replacement TV if it is still within the 2 year warranty period.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion