Discussion topic: Sky glass package

This message was authored by Wendyp11 This message was authored by: Wendyp11

Sky glass package

I had Sky glass for 18minths , it's always had problems, when press tv control it does not work then freezes, I have bought new remote and no joy. I have complained and had feed back related to using internet cable which I have done . It works for a bit then back to same problem. 
also tv package is now £51 per month not included internet so I am really unhappy and want to cancel the tv but keep intranet. Trying to speak to advisor but can't get through . I need help with this issues . 

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Sky glass package

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wendyp11 you are well outside the return window to return the tv itself (unless you can prove it's not fit for purpose under the consumer act) You own the tv outright and can do as you please with it but must keep up repayments if brought on finance 

you can cancel the tv subscription element from your online account provided you are not in contract for any of the subscription services 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Wendyp11 wrote:

I had Sky glass for 18minths , it's always had problems, when press tv control it does not work then freezes, I have bought new remote and no joy. I have complained and had feed back related to using internet cable which I have done . It works for a bit then back to same problem. 
also tv package is now £51 per month not included internet so I am really unhappy and want to cancel the tv but keep intranet. Trying to speak to advisor but can't get through . I need help with this issues . 

@Wendyp11 you have mentioned you have also tried connecting using an ethernet cable. When you did this, did you also disable the Wifi in the Sky Glass settings? If you didn't its possible you would still see issues as it would likely keep switching between the Wifi and the ethernet connection.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Wendyp11
Topic Author
This message was authored by Wendyp11 This message was authored by: Wendyp11

I want to cancel tv package however it's not allowing me on app., I was hoping to speak to someone via chat link. Struggling to speak to do this 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Wendyp11 

To cancel all of your TV subscription, if you’re out of contract you’ll need to give Sky the required 31 days notice. The T&Cs state you can’t cancel when still in a minimum term deal unless Sky agree. If they agree you’ll have to pay the remainder of your discounted term.

Select ‘Need more help’ at the bottom of the following link which will lead to contact details.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave

If you cancel correctly you should receive a confirmation email from Sky.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

You have to phone Sky CSs to cancel?

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion