Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

Re: Sky glass is crap

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone else think sky glass is **bleep** 

I do @Anonymous personally I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. 

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

@Anonymous 

What issues are you having with Sky Glass

There might be a issue we can help you sort out if we knew what problems you having

Are you using Wifi or Wired Ethernet with Sky Glass

If using wifi change to using wired ethernet instead connect a Cat 6 or Cat 7 ethernet cable from Sky Glass to router

When using wired ethernet with Sky Glass or Sky Stream Puck make sure you turn off wifi in network settings advanced on Sky Glass/Sky Stream Puck 

Also make sure Network Standby set to on in Start up and standby settings

What's your download/upload speed you have with your broadband provider if it's not enough this can cause lot's of issues

What type of broadband  do you have fibre/landline/mobile and which ISP you using

What speed test result download and upload  do you get using a wired ethernet connection from a PC with gigabit lan connection from router and how many other devices are using your broadband connection same time when using Sky Glass

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks
This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

@Anonymous 

Glass TV's I would agree, however Stream on my G2 Oled is great, especially PQ.

This message was authored by Jon+Reeve This message was authored by: Jon+Reeve

@Anonymous No. In fact it works great for me.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Anonymous same here after a difficult start in late 2021 since roughly March 2022 my Glass and 3 pucks all work well. The picture on the Glass improved significantly in December last year and now is pretty good and is highly watchable.

I use wifi to network my 4 units BUT make sure  they are all getting a good signal free from inteference.which means I dont get drop outs, stuttering many people complain about. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Topic Author
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Level 0 just this post only..... don't waste your breathe 🤔

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Works for me - had to get rid of the dish off my wall and the glass tv fit the bill 

did my research first though ......

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

I'm perfectly happy with my Sky Glass.  It's not perfect but certainly better than Sky Q was when it was released. I made the change as I no longer had access to a satellite dish so was forced into the change but TBH I would not now go back to Sky Q even if access to a dish became available.  Glass & stream are improving and getting more stable with each update.

The 2 things I found made the most difference was (1) to turn off all the gimmicks in the Start up and Standby menu except for the "networked standby mode" which I have left on (it caused problems when turned off) and (2) even if not experiencing any problems I turn Glass off at the socket once a week for a few hours (overnight or when I go out).

Although I use Wi-Fi without any problems the best connection method is with Ethernet or Poweline adapters if you experience problems

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Red+Silence This message was authored by: Red+Silence

Serves my needs (at present) perfectly well.

Wish I had a bigger one.

(Pardon?😱)

This message was authored by david+john This message was authored by: david+john

Works well for me I don't miss sky q at all I have had glass for over a year now 

This message was authored by Red+Silence This message was authored by: Red+Silence

All flawless yesterday then watched James May our Man in Italy on Amazon Prime in which the stream was at times blurred and suffered colour fluctuations.

Other streams and channels working fine..

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion