Discussion topic: Sky glass broken!

This message was authored by Annekam1 This message was authored by: Annekam1

Sky glass broken!

My partner set his PlayStation remote down in front of it and the screen went down one side no marks on the TV or anything it just all covered in lines. Can sky sort this for us 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Sky glass broken!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Annekam1 This is a customer help forum so you are not addressing Sky we are just customers like yourself.  Your issue sounds rather serious but I doubt it had anything to do with the Playstation remote being in the near vacinity it was probably just coincidence.

A long time ago I had a single 2 inch wide line appear on my Glass TV and luckily a reboot resolved it so it might be worth you trying the same.  Unplug your Glass from the socket and wait for a couple of minutes before plugging it in again.  It will take about a minute to reboot.  It might even be worth unplugging it overnight and then seeing if it has helped the situation in the morning.

If it is still having the problem (or it returns in the future) I would call Sky to discuss a replacement under warranty if it is less than 2 years old.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

@Annekam1 This is a customer help forum so you are not addressing Sky we are just customers like yourself.  Your issue sounds rather serious but I doubt it had anything to do with the Playstation remote being in the near vacinity it was probably just coincidence.

A long time ago I had a single 2 inch wide line appear on my Glass TV and luckily a reboot resolved it so it might be worth you trying the same.  Unplug your Glass from the socket and wait for a couple of minutes before plugging it in again.  It will take about a minute to reboot.  It might even be worth unplugging it overnight and then seeing if it has helped the situation in the morning.

If it is still having the problem (or it returns in the future) I would call Sky to discuss a replacement under warranty if it is less than 2 years old.

Annekam1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Annekam1 This message was authored by: Annekam1

That didn't help! Thanks tho! I tried to call sky today and between bad signal me being hearing impaired and quite an abrupt advisor I've been but off making the call again! Any idea how to contact live chat? Plus they did say we were out of warranty but there was a huge problem with our TV for month and they sent a replacement surely that restarts the warranty since it was a secondhand TV 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Annekam1  Have you registered with the accessibility team?   https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/

They have a number of different contact options for registered users. 

Your 2 other threads you have created have been removed, raising additional threads for the same issue is unhelpful and simply causes duplicate replies.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Annekam1 wrote:

That didn't help! Thanks tho! I tried to call sky today and between bad signal me being hearing impaired and quite an abrupt advisor I've been but off making the call again! Any idea how to contact live chat? Plus they did say we were out of warranty but there was a huge problem with our TV for month and they sent a replacement surely that restarts the warranty since it was a secondhand TV 

@Annekam1 Sorry that didn't work but it was worth a try.

Unfortunately a warranty on a Glass TV does not start again following a replacement. Like any appliance the warranty is from the date of the initial purchase (I had exactly the same with my washing machine a while back). 

The suggestion from @GD1 to register with the accessibility team is well worth doing but if you would like your post could be escalated to the Community messaging team for an online chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion