Discussion topic: Sky Live Glass Camera Launch & Technical Enquiries

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Re: Sky Live Glass Camera Launch

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Adam-93 wrote:

@Jporch316 wrote:

@Adam-93 

the beauty of skys model is it's only £5 a month on a deal if you already have glass not £200 up front plus an iPhone on apple 

Sure for someone who doesn't already have a feature like this, it could be great.

But as I said, if someone already owns an iPhone, an Apple TV is a much better value option, along with many more features applicable to people who use FaceTime. 

Plus, the Apple TV is available for £7.16 per month through Apple, and even with interest comes in at £172. Still way cheaper.

Why pay £172 when it only costs £169 why pay over 24months just to pay £3.00 extra

Could get a refurbished Apple tv from Apple for less  @Adam-93 

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@SlenderRobert wrote:

FYI for anyone that's interested in the real-time functionality of Sky Live... this YouTube review is very comprehensive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woEAazsYXek&t=292 

Still in @SlenderRobert thanks for the link though for someone who posts "I'm out enjoy y'all"

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@best+of+the+best wrote:

@SlenderRobert wrote:

FYI for anyone that's interested in the real-time functionality of Sky Live... this YouTube review is very comprehensive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woEAazsYXek&t=292 

Still in @SlenderRobert thanks for the link though for someone who posts "I'm out enjoy y'all"

It depends how you interpret the words.

"I'm out" = it's not for me.

"Enjoy y'all" = hope everyone else gets something from it.

I stand by those words. 

This message was authored by Karenjane12345 This message was authored by: Karenjane12345

Can I order Sky Live

Can I order sky live to add to my sky puck I've already ordered it for my 65inch and will it come in black or the colour of the sky glass TV I ordered.

Moderator comments: edited title 

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: Marc

@Karenjane12345 wrote:

Can I order sky live to add to my sky puck I've already ordered it for my 65inch and will it come in black or the colour of the sky glass TV I ordered.

Sky Live only functions with a Glass TV, not with a Stream puck. 

It only comes in one colour. Black. 

This message was authored by ToonDude This message was authored by: ToonDude

Sky glass live

Connected it it turned on say's loading then says problem please look on sky help. There's no code. Anyone else having same issues?

Sky glass, 2xsky Puks, Sky Live
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Marc

@Karenjane12345 as far as I can see from the details Sky have released the Sky Live units are all black but are fairly small.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: Sky glass live

Hi @ToonDude 

Did the software update when you plugged it in? 

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@ToonDude I have escalated your post to a Sky team who support the forum as if you are talking about the Sky Live camera unit you are one of the first to get one so nobody on the forum can help yet. Look out for an invitation to an online chat via a chat icon which will appear on the forum page.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

I tried all 3 hdmi's and says unavailable 

It looked like it but then it said unavailable 

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Hi @ToonDude 

Please switch the Glass off at socket, then make sure both the USB-C & HDMI are plugged in on the Glass and that the USB is firmly in on the camera. 

Then turn the Glass back on and leave it a min then press Home and see if it working, you should see a tile saying 'Sky Live, ready to setup'

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We have now invited @ToonDude to chat

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Red light pulsing then runs off and still says sky live unavailable 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@ToonDude  Sadly as it's a new product and if all suggestions have not helped a call to Sky will be required.

Have you tried the help pages here

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion