Discussion topic: Sky Glass TV keeps freezing & restarting

This message was authored by Naphoi This message was authored by: Naphoi

Sky Glass TV keeps freezing & restarting

I've had my Sky Glass TV for a while now and it keeps randomly freezing and then restarting. Upon restart it asks us to reconnect to WiFi. There is no common time/day/channel/app - it is truly random. I complained before and we got a replacement but it still happens to the point where we are considering getting rid of it! Anyone else had similar issue & fixed it? We have fast fibre broadband which is not the issue. I have gone through all the troubleshooting, including using a ethernet cable. It used to do this when we had Sky Broadband so its not the fact we have another provider.

All Replies

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky Glass TV keeps freezing & restarting

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Naphoi wrote:
I've had my Sky Glass TV for a while now and it keeps randomly freezing and then restarting. Upon restart it asks us to reconnect to WiFi. There is no common time/day/channel/app - it is truly random. I complained before and we got a replacement but it still happens to the point where we are considering getting rid of it! Anyone else had similar issue & fixed it? We have fast fibre broadband which is not the issue. I have gone through all the troubleshooting, including using a ethernet cable. It used to do this when we had Sky Broadband so its not the fact we have another provider.

Only a guess .... but if you have had a set replaced and are getting the same issue it could be your internet connection dropping intermittently. Could also be a fault on the router. It maybe worth raising a fault with sky internet for a line check. 

a fault like this wouldn't be noticeable on other devices as they mostly all buffer the streaming services. 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Naphoi wrote:

Who is your ISP?

Exiled in HH
Naphoi
Topic Author
This message was authored by Naphoi This message was authored by: Naphoi

We originally had Sky Broadband but changed when it kept happening with replacement tv to another provider and now have fibre broadband with ZEN.

We have the Sky puck box upstairs where we watch tv too and it never happens there - only ever our Sky Glass TV.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion