Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by dzy82f This message was authored by: dzy82f

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Everything seems to be very quiet but I still don't have a puck that works 

This message was authored by jcg1111 This message was authored by: jcg1111

I am unable to reset my sky glass puck, It goes through the multi light position and ends.

My remote will, not connect. I have tried to reset it but with no luck. HELP

This message was authored by BRW1983 This message was authored by: BRW1983

@Rty wrote:

Well it's now a week without tv and nearly 5 hours of phone waits  no fix it is painfully obvious sky don't know what to do and and suggestion of a fix is purely pot lucky if it will work or not.  I have never seen incompetence on this scale even in at time where customer service is dead. I will be leaving pronto if you give me the service for free id still leave 

Have you tried using an Ethernet cable to download the update and do the setup

@Paul100183 wrote:

My tv has now been off since last Friday, I can't even get the screen to come on, I can hear the tv start up during the software update but I can't even get a picture on my screen! Anyone else experiencing similar?

@Paul100183 have you tried connecting the TV to the router via Ethernet cable, and following the information on the Sky link after that

@Shonagh1982 wrote:

@Paul100183  I'm experiencing the exact same problem mine happened Friday too. I've been on the phone countless times to sky with no help apart from keep rebooting. Got a girl this evening who has sent the issue to another tech department apparently level 2 or 3 as the ones we initially talk to are level 1 tech. So now I'm waiting on a call back on Friday with hopefully more answers and  help to resolve it.  I'm out of warranty by 8 months and got told by a sky agent at the weekend that I would need to replace the tv at my own cost to which they got told absolutely not as I never caused the software update to ruin my tv. All in all so frustrated and disappointed  in this. She told me not to keep doing the update as it could completely ruin the tv as it going right back to the original factory settings and could damage the tv the more I do that so  I've to  give it a break and try again tomorrow evening..  

@Shonagh1982 have you tried connecting the TV/Puck to your router via Ethernet 

@Annettebrady wrote:

Have you had any help from sky is yours working now ? We really don't know what to do we have followed the instructions to a tea it's actually my granddaughter that's done it all. 

@Annettebrady have you tried connecting the TV to the broadband router via Ethernet cable, then following the instructions as Sky have set out

This message was authored by Beardsly1 This message was authored by: Beardsly1

We have sky glass back on but hit and miss it's so bad . It's strange there's not been any announcements etc thryve sort of kept this quiet haven't they ..  I can't understand why they haven't sent any messages or announcements to say I mean compensation isn't really an option is it ? These glass tv s going forward are BILGE!!!!not going to work are they in future updates then what do we do when we have paid such a lot for them in 

This message was authored by Shonagh1982 This message was authored by: Shonagh1982

I don't have a puck just the glass tv. I haven't done that as I'm not sure how? 

This message was authored by Rty This message was authored by: Rty

Hi, yes tried all that, updates downloaded  just can't link the accounts  now. I've contacted sky who told me to wait another 72 hours oh and  here  is £5  😂

@Shonagh1982 wrote:

I don't have a puck just the glass tv. I haven't done that as I'm not sure how? 

@Shonagh1982 is you TV near to your broadband router

This message was authored by Shonagh1982 This message was authored by: Shonagh1982

Not really my tv is 65 inch and on the wall!! If I took it off the wall I could make it reach I think. 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rty wrote:

Hi, yes tried all that, updates downloaded  just can't link the accounts  now. I've contacted sky who told me to wait another 72 hours oh and  here  is £5  😂

In the majority of cases if the activation page is a problem it's normally down to using an incorrect email address to login your sky account. You just use the email address you used to purchase glass 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

£5 voucher that's insane they think that that's  a reasonable amount for all this trouble everyone is going through!! That's not acceptable. I've been without a tv for a week and it's still not working and I'm sure some people even longer,£5, 🙄😂 I can't  wait to get rid of all my sky contacts what a waste of time.

This message was authored by Rty This message was authored by: Rty

Also been through all that, using the correct email 

This message was authored by JaniceKench This message was authored by: JaniceKench

Having spoken to Sky today,  there is no such thing as a Sky Glass engineer.   So, they cannot send anyone to our homes to fix the problem.  Also until the Sky Glass problem is solved at their end., they can't or won't consider replacing the Glass tv.

I dread to think how much Sky will have to pay out in compensation.  

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion