Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by kharis This message was authored by: kharis

are we getting compensation for the sky glass lengthy problem

My Sky Glass TV went off Thurs night and I was without any TV until Tues morning when the TV set eventually responded as per the instructions given - I think it was about the 25th time of trying.

I know there are many thousands likewise affected.

Is Sky going to compensate us all ??.  At least a free month ''might'' stop me cancelling my Sky package and ditching my Glass TV.

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: are we getting compensation for the sky glass lengthy problem

@kharis wrote:

My Sky Glass TV went off Thurs night and I was without any TV until Tues morning when the TV set eventually responded as per the instructions given - I think it was about the 25th time of trying.

I know there are many thousands likewise affected.

Is Sky going to compensate us all ??.  At least a free month ''might'' stop me cancelling my Sky package and ditching my Glass TV.

Sky have not stated anything publicly and are unlikely to do so. 

If you wish to lodge a formal complaint then you can do so by one of the methods here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint 

This message was authored by Ronno61 This message was authored by: Ronno61

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

My skyglass TV is connected to virgin broadband, and I've had no bother with it,  I had problems with it when I was with sky , I could also depend on what area that you live in, I live in an area with a very strong broadband reception for Virgin media, and with mediocre Sky reception.

This message was authored by Kdoodle This message was authored by: Kdoodle

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Still no further forward and I don't have an active landline either! Got a new hub delivered today and connected and still no landline available. Poor service indeed! 

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Re: We can not activate sky glass tv or watch any apps

Been on. The phone yet again to sky because tv isn't working properly and link your account the website is broken so they said you have to wait up till 72 such a such before its fixed and up and running still have no tv unfortunately nothing can be done 

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

@Mister_Dalek been on to sky asking them the tv is still down and tv link isn't working they told Me it' might take up to 72 before it's been fixed or sorted nothing can be now according to sky they will ring Me or text Me or email when it's been sorted still no tv at this stage and it's stuck on activate your link account 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jonathanphillip wrote:

Been on. The phone yet again to sky because tv isn't working properly and link your account the website is broken so they said you have to wait up till 72 such a such before its fixed and up and running still have no tv unfortunately nothing can be done 

The activation page is working fine. In the majority of the cases it's the user using the wrong email address or an email address not linked to the account that's the issue. Can you check which email address you used to sign up for sky stream 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

its my original email address which Is linked to your my  sky app can't post it via here it's on my sky app 

@Jporch316 its my original email address which I add when I signed up to sky stream its on my sky app 

@Jonathanphillip wrote:

@Jporch316 its my original email address which I add when I signed up to sky stream its on my sky app 

Ok do you have a previous email address or sky id that was different to the that one ?

have you also tried using an Ethernet cable between your device and router during the recovery process 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Can you give me a sign In link to Try it activate the code maybe can't remember if I used a different email address 

Yea

http://sky.com/activate 

@Jporch316 just tried that link and it states bad request 

@Jporch316 just tried the link again and it states bad request why 

This message was authored by K92 This message was authored by: K92

@kharis 

Hi

I was offered £5 compensation as the agent said they were authorised to offer that. I have not had anywhere near the trouble many people have had on this thread - I suppose it depends on what they think they can sit out and balance that against defections. If you are in a contract, that is a problem and if you have one of their Glass TVs you are stuffed! The streaming contract has a 30 day cancellation period - we are selling our house so not the right time but when we move I doubt we will have Sky.

I do not think they realise what they have done here!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion