Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Saleem3 This message was authored by: Saleem3

I’m having issues with my streaming puck

Im having issues with my puck I've tried all the online advise given but it will not work the sky tv logo will come on then tv will go black and nothing will work 

This message was authored by Jodie1306 This message was authored by: Jodie1306

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

IT WORKED !! Thankyou so much for helping me 😃

This message was authored by Tennyson2015 This message was authored by: Tennyson2015

4th time doing the reset (yes i used the correct email - i triple checked) it will restart and work for a short while but then it still randomly decides to think it has disconnected the internet - (yet somehow downloads an update during the reset without having to re-enter any network/internet details...) the puck upstairs has had none of these issues and continued to worked fine throughout (i have probably just jinxed this) so i know it's not the internet it is the glasstv. 

What is going on? 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jodie1306 wrote:

IT WORKED !! Thankyou so much for helping me 😃

Brill - we got there in the end .....!!!

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tennyson2015 wrote:

4th time doing the reset (yes i used the correct email - i triple checked) it will restart and work for a short while but then it still randomly decides to think it has disconnected the internet - (yet somehow downloads an update during the reset without having to re-enter any network/internet details...) the puck upstairs has had none of these issues and continued to worked fine throughout (i have probably just jinxed this) so i know it's not the internet it is the glasstv. 

What is going on? 

Try running the recovery procedure with an Ethernet cable.  

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Shonagh1982 This message was authored by: Shonagh1982

Re: I’m having issues with my streaming puck

I don't have a puck but I'm doing the reboot I can hear the logo but I can't see it black screen too  sky told me I have to buy a new tv even tho my tv is 2 and a half years old but out of warranty. I've had zero realistic help been fobbed off time and time again!!! 

This message was authored by PeterR1 This message was authored by: PeterR1

Had to phone sky to resolve the "Ooops" problem when trying to activate.

Turns out the email taken when I signed up had been recorded wrong by a couple of characters. Had to speak to 3 different people but finally got it working.

Don't know how it worked when I first set it up and didn't work now??

If you are still having problems with the activate you going to have to phone, I didn't wait that long, and don't think it would have been resolved by just waiting for a fix.

Good luck

This message was authored by BRW1983 This message was authored by: BRW1983

Re: Martin my sky glass TV is not turning on

The issue with ours was that when it reset it wouldn't connect to WiFi, but there is a work around if you can connect the TV to  an Ethernet cable

Before going through the reset steps connect your TV or Puck to a Ethernet cable into your router, then go through the reset steps as Sky have set out

After the reset and update is done and you are on the Sky Home screen, you can disconnect the Ethernet cable and set the TV back up on the WiFi, I'm not sure if this will fix all TV/Puck not turning on issues, but it fixed both of our Sky Glass TV's (The one in the games room has not been working since December 2023, and is working fine (and on WiFi now)

I hope this information is helpful to some people who are still suffering with this issue

This message was authored by Tennyson2015 This message was authored by: Tennyson2015

Not a chance given the crap location of our line in for the hub and the location  of our tv, short of procuring an extremely long cable or drilling holes through walls and the like which, tbf seems a tad extreme given the situation and the fact it should (and the puck does) work consistently over wi-fi...

You could technically move the TV closer to the hub to do the setup via Ethernet, then move it back once you have followed my steps, it's should still work after that, it's a bit of a pain in the butt I know but it's the only work around I have found so far

This message was authored by Farahh This message was authored by: Farahh

Worst Customer Service Ever

My Stream Puck gives me a pin. I sign into My Sky then i go to activate the pin suddenly the website crashes and says "opps there has been a error". I have tried and used all other ways "Superusers" have suggested but nothing. (7 Days with Service) Also, I have tired to contact sky but i have been on hold for hours and when they do pick up they say "Sorry we are working on it" or we dont know whats happing.

Such Poor Service!!!

This message was authored by Ronno61 This message was authored by: Ronno61

Thanks for the advice,but I've managed to get the TV going again by plugging the TV in and keeping the on/ off button depressed until the red light flashes and then follow the sequence.

55' sky glass and a wheelchair user do not make a move the tv temporarily closer a simple solution, unfortunately 😉😅😂 but i hear ya, the location of our line-in has been a source of consternation for sometime but bugger all i can do about it until sky finally get around to doing fibre upgrades to home around here (yup, they are my ISP too) the old method of an extension and through walls while tempting would cause an issue with the landlord 🤷🏻‍♂️

Do you not have anyone who could come around to move the TV for you, other than that you could get a very long cable to run through the rooms and into the TV as a very temporary solution, but I understand it is a pain in the neck

For my TV in my Games Room, I actually hung a 25ft Ethernet cable out of the Games Room window and into the Front Room window (the Games Room is directly above the Front Room), but I'm not sure what to suggest other than that, sorry

This message was authored by Beardsly1 This message was authored by: Beardsly1

My tv finally is working but when I turn it off and back on later on it does another down  load .. lost my faith in this .. this sky glass tv has beef terrible all the way through even before this ...wish I had never got it .. feel very let down

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion