Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by TD79 This message was authored by: TD79

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

@TonyWonder 

If you are still having problems with the activation page you need to sit out the phone queue and speak to them.

For a small number of customers, including myself, for some reason the technical issue has knocked out our device recognitions.

They can and will manually overide this issue when they have confirmed all account details. I have arranged a call from the correct IT dept tomorrow afternoon when I am at home.

There is nothing you can do yourself if you are certain that you have followed all the instructions for the reset to the letter.

This message was authored by TonyWonder This message was authored by: TonyWonder

@Jporch316 wrote:

@TonyWonder wrote:

Yeah mate. Private/incognito, different browsers, different devices. 

Nothing working. 

Can you check in the MySky app what email address you used to order it .... I believe there's also and activation page in the MySky app

Just double checked.  Email address I thought it was, had to search a bit for the activate page but got it eventually.

Same outcome unfortunately. 

This message was authored by TonyWonder This message was authored by: TonyWonder

@TD79 wrote:

@TonyWonder 

If you are still having problems with the activation page you need to sit out the phone queue and speak to them.

For a small number of customers, including myself, for some reason the technical issue has knocked out our device recognitions.

They can and will manually overide this issue when they have confirmed all account details. I have arranged a call from the correct IT dept tomorrow afternoon when I am at home.

There is nothing you can do yourself if you are certain that you have followed all the instructions for the reset to the letter.

Thanks. I will phone again if that's what it takes, the frustration comes from having done so multiple times and no one seeming to want to take ownership.

If this account activation issue isn't something that's a genuine problem for more than a few people,  it's disappointing that the agent told me to just ride it out til it works again.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TonyWonder wrote:

@TD79 wrote:

@TonyWonder 

Thanks. I will phone again if that's what it takes, the frustration comes from having done so multiple times and no one seeming to want to take ownership.

If this account activation issue isn't something that's a genuine problem for more than a few people,  it's disappointing that the agent told me to just ride it out til it works again.

At least you can explain the issue on the phone to them now and advise you ve had advice from the forums 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

@Jporch316  mine seems to get stuck on sky logo for hours and nothing happens then it goes off sky logo then comes back and sometimes the puck wont turn on or get the button to work power button and nothing happens for hour then white button flicks on and off just can't do nothing 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Jonathanphillip wrote:

@Jporch316  mine seems to get stuck on sky logo for hours and nothing happens then it goes off sky logo then comes back and sometimes the puck wont turn on or get the button to work power button and nothing happens for hour then white button flicks on and off just can't do nothing 

Since the issue on the weekend ? Have you tried the recovery procedure on post 2 ?

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Annettebrady This message was authored by: Annettebrady

We can not activate sky glass tv or watch any apps

Is anyone having this issue I can't watch sky glass tv or any apps or even normal tv nothing the telly just won't work since this issue with sky glass on Thursday?

This message was authored by Annettebrady This message was authored by: Annettebrady

Re: Sky glass still not working

Ours still isn't working I have spent 6 hours in total on the phone to sky not help at all and still no tv!

This message was authored by TD79 This message was authored by: TD79

@TonyWonder 

The problem is that until the source of the fault had been fully resolved, it was still possible that one of the update patches could have fixed it, it's only now that less people are phoning and people are following the reset instructions properly that they can now attend to the outstanding anomalies. 

For those who have followed this topic through it's amazing how many people came back to say things like 'oh I did have a different email' or 'doh! I wasn't holding in the button before I plugged it in' etc...

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: We can not activate sky glass tv or watch any apps

I have moved your thread to a more appropriate forum
Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )

It won't even allow us to put the pin in!!

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

@Jporch316  I do believe so 3 days with no sky stream tried everything from restart and everything followed on here Just can't get it to work the activate link  so I turned off as I'm not getting any where it seemed fine before this kicked off it was up and running last week before this issue happening with noticing the white light was flickering on and off and going off and come back on and going off and returning after a reset I'm now left with activate link which I can't access Just annoying 

I'm the exact same and my husband is house bound with no tv we have tried everything we are in our 80s and getting no help from sky.

@Annettebrady  your not the only one suffering with this ongoing problem 

This message was authored by David+s+n This message was authored by: David+s+n

@Mister_Dalek @KevNewMedia 

Hi guys saw your solution online today on restarting the sky glass/stream i hope it worked for some people but i have tried that workthrogh several times since my stream stopped working last Thursday including today, and yes i followed it to the letter . It does nothing just stops at the activate screen same as every other solution ive been advised to try. Better luck next time I hope. Dave

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion