Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Tennyson2015 This message was authored by: Tennyson2015

Re: Sky glass still not working

Hasn't done the unable to turn on part but does keep losing the wi-fi and thinks it is connected by ethernet by default (it isn't and has never been). Despite it then not accepting my password and telling me there is a problem with my connection, if i ignore this and simply press home button rather than confirm or cancel, it returns to working again. This is clearly a software problem.  

There obviously a problem with the update AND the patch that was used to attempt to fix the update that rendered the glass tv with problems (bricking) in the first place (hence the reset and reinstall update process being used) perhaps sky might like to fix it properly and while they are at it communicate effectively with their costumers as to what went wrong in the first place (without the obfuscation) and how long a correct fix will actually take to materialise or for the first time in over 21 years i will likely be cancelling and taking my business elsewhere like many others. 

This message was authored by Js25 This message was authored by: Js25

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

I don't have a different one, the one I've been using is the only one that is accosiated with sky

This message was authored by David0512 This message was authored by: David0512

Has the issue been fixed yet?

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

No I've been trying with my original email address still says no look please ring sky if you still got issues 

This message was authored by TP637 This message was authored by: TP637

Why should we need to pay for a new TV when it's theyer fault 🤔 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@David0512 wrote:

Has the issue been fixed yet?

A fix was issued Friday morning see post 2 of this thread marked as the answer 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by TonyWonder This message was authored by: TonyWonder

Getting a bit fed up with this now. Been down since Thursday night and still getting the issues with the activation code not working after a reset.

It's 100% the correct email address and I've spent hours on the phone over 3 different days being passed from pillar to post.

Last attempt seen me passed to 3 different agents and a bored sounding agent saying "the activation server was overloaded, it'll sort itself out. We don't have an estimate but there's nothing we can do".

Surely that can't be it? Just wait for it to be resolved and don't contact us?

@TonyWonder wrote:

Getting a bit fed up with this now. Been down since Thursday night and still getting the issues with the activation code not working after a reset.

It's 100% the correct email address and I've spent hours on the phone over 3 different days being passed from pillar to post.

Last attempt seen me passed to 3 different agents and a bored sounding agent saying "the activation server was overloaded, it'll sort itself out. We don't have an estimate but there's nothing we can do".

Surely that can't be it? Just wait for it to be resolved and don't contact us?

The activation page has been working fine all weekend ....... most users issue seems to be they used an email address to purchase glass / stream that's different to their sky id address thereby causing a conflict 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by TonyWonder This message was authored by: TonyWonder

As I said, it's 100% the correct email. They checked this with me on my first and second attempts to call.

And if it wasn't, the agent shouldn't have pushed me away blaming a server being overloaded. It's honestly like no one wants to help.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@TonyWonder wrote:

As I said, it's 100% the correct email. They checked this with me on my first and second attempts to call.

And if it wasn't, the agent shouldn't have pushed me away blaming a server being overloaded. It's honestly like no one wants to help.

@TonyWonder have you also tried in a private/incognito browser window just to eliminate cookies or temp internet files being part of the issue?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Yeah mate. Private/incognito, different browsers, different devices. 

Nothing working. 

Sorry not sure why my posts aren't quoting the people I've responded to. 

Selecting the reply icon at the bottom of the posts. Assumed that was the way to do so.

@TonyWonder wrote:

Sorry not sure why my posts aren't quoting the people I've responded to. 

Selecting the reply icon at the bottom of the posts. Assumed that was the way to do so.

Select the reply button then hit the quote marks at the top of the new post 

@TonyWonder wrote:

Yeah mate. Private/incognito, different browsers, different devices. 

Nothing working. 

Can you check in the MySky app what email address you used to order it .... I believe there's also and activation page in the MySky app

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Ive logged in to my sky app can't find activation page @Jporch316  

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion