Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

My stream stopped working and have technical fault on the latency channel. Not again. Started working when I changed channel and back again

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PT57 wrote:

Still unable to get in to sky.ciom/activate.  Frustrated unable to speak to anyone. Have spent hours on phone since Thursday.  Crazy in 2024 a problem like this can't be resolved same day 

Most users are finding they are using the wrong email address to log in to the activation web page 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Paul100183 This message was authored by: Paul100183

Sky glass still not working

Hi, like most people my sky glass has been off since Friday afternoon, it originally went of Thursday but restarted with the power off/hold button method. Since Friday I have tried every reset possible, including router off etc... All I get is a black screen, I can hear the sky start up in the back ground but my screen remains black/dark blue? Anyone else's still not working? Cheers

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Anyone else having a similar issue. It looks like the cricket does not look like it's in UHD format on 401? Also the logo on the top right also does not show UHD? My TV though picks up that it's an UHD channel

I have noticed that channel 904 is showing UHD?

This message was authored by Jamauk84 This message was authored by: Jamauk84

I'm trying the recovery process now. The biggest frustration is that Sky don't seem willing to provide any information about it, I wasn't using that Puck at the time and so I hadn't noticed any fault.

The first I saw about it was an article on BBC News, it would have been better if Sky did actually tell people about the fault and how they are fixing it.

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Anyone else having a similar issue. It looks like the cricket does not look like it's in UHD format on 401? Also the logo on the top right also does not show UHD? My TV though picks up that it's an UHD channel

I have noticed that channel 904 is showing UHD?

I think I saw the posted over the weekend and it does switch back once the system settles down and realise you have a uhd tv. Maybe worth pulling the plug for a few minutes 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

I've just been on the activate link site and it still states whoops there is a problem please ring sky and confirm you have issues that's all 

@Jporch316 Just done a restart and will see what happens. The F1 channel seems fine though. Still doesn't look right after

Also pixelation issues on 401

@Jonathanphillip wrote:

I've just been on the activate link site and it still states whoops there is a problem please ring sky and confirm you have issues that's all 

Most users have found they are using the wrong email address to login to the activation site.... it has to be the email address used when you purchased stream / glass 

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

@Jporch316  how do you log in to activate your account can't find it anywhere 

@Jonathanphillip wrote:

@Jporch316  how do you log in to activate your account can't find it anywhere 

Open a webpage on your browser and navigate to the MySky site. Login and leave the page open - then open the link sky.com/activate 

I do all this on my iPhone with the google app 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Thank you @Fothergill1 not sure why it has been changed but never mind

@Super+Anthony I had to reset mine as well as the default to UHD.  Unlike some people I have not had to sign back into any of the apps which was was good news 😀

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

I have set my stream to UHD but channel 401 doesn't look right

IMG_6983.jpeg

This message was authored by Js25 This message was authored by: Js25

This is ridiculous, if the activation page isn't fixed until the 26th that would mean it's been down for a whole week, this better mean money off of next months bill because I am not paying for a full month if I've not had access to it for a full month!!

@Js25 wrote:

This is ridiculous, if the activation page isn't fixed until the 26th that would mean it's been down for a whole week, this better mean money off of next months bill because I am not paying for a full month if I've not had access to it for a full month!!

The activation page is working fine ..... most users are using the wrong sky ID credentials to log in to the page. It normally is the email address used when you purchased stream / glass 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion