Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

@docer64  still must be down because I logged in to my sky app and it still states sky glass or stream Viewers are still having technical issues with the puck and its not been removed as of yet from.them 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony wrote:

On the start up and stand by settings, am I right that network standby should be on and overnight power saving off? 

Yes that is what we all recommend.

Plus if using an ethernet connection, turn the WiFi option to off, in Settings>Network>Advanced settings

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Thank you @lettice i noticed that it was the other way round since the changes last week! I have swapped them both

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Super+Anthony  Obviously you can have them however you wish but by having networked standby mode turned ON it stops Glass/puck from losing the network connection when it goes into standby.

When I had glass every morning it said No network and needed rebooting until I turned this on. I'm not sure if turning off overnight saving does anything useful or not but everyone seen to think it is best turned off.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Thank you @Fothergill1 not sure why it has been changed but never mind

This message was authored by Shonagh1982 This message was authored by: Shonagh1982

Black screen

Had no tv since Friday was working fine until the update. I've reset the tv so many times and nothing is working sky now telling me I have to buy a new tv when this one isn't even paid off and as it's out of warranty they will do nothing. Why should I have to pay for something they have done!! Does anyone else have black screen issues after the update? 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Thank you @Fothergill1 not sure why it has been changed but never mind

The recovery process/reset would have set them back to the default settings which is likely why they have changed.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by PT57 This message was authored by: PT57

Still unable to get in to sky.ciom/activate.  Frustrated unable to speak to anyone. Have spent hours on phone since Thursday.  Crazy in 2024 a problem like this can't be resolved same day 

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

@PT57  I've just turned on my sky puck nothing came on then it went off tried turning it back on sky logo came on then it came back on few mins later still nothing and it starts to flash the light on the puck and it went off the white light and it came up with link your sky account which I can't do any way so I've switched it off yet again just nothing seems to work its all linked your account then the white light comes on and flashes then nothing 

Your not the only one who is suffering with this problem I'm the same sky are just useless we will try to sort it as best as we can and just sit tight and wait for a resolution oh great 👍 

Thank you for confirming. I thought it was me! Any other ones that I need to change?

@MarkGoldsmith 

This message was authored by TD79 This message was authored by: TD79

@docer64 

Still same for me too, just trying to get through on the phone again...

Have done everything they have told me to still doesn't move on from the link your account page 🙄

This message was authored by Jamauk84 This message was authored by: Jamauk84

I only have the problem with one Sky Puck, but it is still a disruption to a service that I am paying for.

There doesn't seem to be any kind of support to fix it, after waiting to be connected to an operator for over 1 hour I gave up, I didn't have time to wait any longer listening to hold music and adverts telling me about Sky products.

I turn the Puck on, the TV shows "Sky" for around 10 seconds, then goes off.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Jamauk84 you need to follow the instructions as provided in the post "marked as the answer" in this thread.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@Jamauk84  that's like me on Sunday night trying to ring sky to sort this issue out it kept ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing and music was kind of breaking up and kept playing music this was around 530 and still playing music and just thought I'll end it that's around about 1900 0r 1915 just nobody to answer or there taking lots of calls 📞 about the technical fault 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion