Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chloe240 wrote:

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. I CANT BE THE ONLY ONE IN THIS EXACT PREDICAMENT! 

I have done the recovery process and million and one times. I used an Ethernet cable which I had to go out and buy specifically for this stupid problem,  to complete the software update. I was then brought to the pin page. No my pin is not working. I have tried the last 4 digits of my phone number and I have also tried to reset using the last 4 digits of my long card number if not my bank account number and ITS NOT WORKING!! I have also tried the method of turning it on standby, switching off at the wall, pulling the plug, putting the plug back, switching it back on, leaving it half hour,  pressing standby again, then menu, NOTHING IS WORKING.  PLEASEEEEEEEEE IM CLOSE TO A MENTAL BREAKDOWN. 

Have you tried turning your router off ? Also it maybe worth calling sky and asking them to change your pin ?

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by HKerton1985 This message was authored by: HKerton1985

Oops there has been a problem - STILL cannot activate

No TV since Thurday, fuming!!! Can't get throught to anyone, no one will help. I'm logged in, I've tried different browsers, I keep getting the Oppss message so can't put in my code. I have wasted too much time on this. 

This message was authored by Joanne2011 This message was authored by: Joanne2011

My sky glass wont link. Ive done the recovery several times

Since the sky glass issue started on Friday my 89 year old father in law has been without tv.  We have done the recovery several times which downloads some software  when we get to linking the account it just says oops there's a problem contact support. I did that this afternoon was on the phone over an hour and then got cut off! When i go to the activation page it's just the same message.  Help! 

@Chloe240 wrote:

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. I CANT BE THE ONLY ONE IN THIS EXACT PREDICAMENT! 

I have done the recovery process and million and one times. I used an Ethernet cable which I had to go out and buy specifically for this stupid problem,  to complete the software update. I was then brought to the pin page. No my pin is not working. I have tried the last 4 digits of my phone number and I have also tried to reset using the last 4 digits of my long card number if not my bank account number and ITS NOT WORKING!! I have also tried the method of turning it on standby, switching off at the wall, pulling the plug, putting the plug back, switching it back on, leaving it half hour,  pressing standby again, then menu, NOTHING IS WORKING.  PLEASEEEEEEEEE IM CLOSE TO A MENTAL BREAKDOWN. 

Are you absolutely certain you have used the right method of payment ..... and don't a bank account (that's how I reset mine) it's the last 4 digits of your account no (not your card number) ..... or do you pay via credit card or maybe a partners bank account ?

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Chloe240 This message was authored by: Chloe240

Struggling to understand how I'm the only one with this issue.

@Chloe240 wrote:

My glass tv did the same with the pin on Friday afternoon but I did manage to go through the reset process.

im clutching at straws a bit but what happens if you run the reset again without the ethernet cable ? 

Re: My sky glass wont link. Ive done the recovery several times

@Joanne2011 do you know how to use private browsing on your mobile phone? If so then go onto that and then search for the activation website and it will do it rather than give you the 'oops message' 

@Chloe240 wrote:

Have you tried resetting the pin on the web rather than the tv 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-pin

@Chloe240 

This message was authored by Kdoodle This message was authored by: Kdoodle

Not able to do that. 
received a text from sky today asking me to turn off my hub for 60 mins and then turn it back on it should be working....it's not. 

@Jporch316 there is nowhere on the link the reset the pin online? Just tells you how to do it on the TV? 

@Chloe240 wrote:

@Jporch316 there is nowhere on the link the reset the pin online? Just tells you how to do it on the TV? 

@Chloe240 

ah sorry .... see

next post 

@Chloe240 wrote:

@Chloe240 

https://www.sky.com/devicepin

This message was authored by JaqiT This message was authored by: JaqiT

Hi finally got my television working waited 50 minutes on the phone to find out I ordered my television with a different email address so make sure you are using correct details it is easy to forget with time shame Sky did not tell me this 4 days ago but still for now glad to have it working My heart goes out to everyone still waiting it is very bad customer service , I hope everyone gets it back asap it is very unfair .

This message was authored by Nikkipender719 This message was authored by: Nikkipender719

I had the same issue and I eventually got through to sky and then talked me through it now all 5 pukes working. 

what I did was follow the reset instructions, which brought me to the incorrect pin page. I then took out the power cable to the puck, left for a min and put the cable back in and turned it on. (Do not follow the reset instructions again) it should turn on, connect remote and then you should be able to input your pin. 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Chloe240 wrote:

the TV pin is different to the online pin

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-sky-glass-pin

I think we have tried most things now.

I expect the call times have slowed down. 
It's been very frustrating for you, but must admit you have been pretty patient.

Perhaps give Sky a call now?

They will be able to reset your pin, just wondering if it's stuck or blocked in some way.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion