Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Samedwards This message was authored by: Samedwards

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Thanks @mikealanr I will see if I can do it that way. Thank you 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Samedwards wrote:

I came home this morning after a night shift to find my SKy glass not working.

I have tried all of the recovery steps but it will not connect to the router.

It's an EE router which is perfectly connected to everything else at home.

Do you have anymore advice please?

Many Thanks

A few things that have helped others;

Try rebooting your broadband router when your Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck is unplugged.
Then, try the restart procedure again.

Try temporarily connecting an ethernet cable from your Sky Glass Tv or Sky Stream puck to your broadband router and once up and running do a network reset in the Sky device settings and add back to your normal broadband wifi.

Or, on a mobile phone go into the phone settings, search for mobile hotspot.

Create one and when the procedure asks for wifi, connect temporarily to that mobile hotspot you created and once up and running then go into the Sky device settings, do a network reset and add back to your normal broadband wifi.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by docer64 This message was authored by: docer64

Hey everyone,

I am still on the hunt for a workaround for being stuck on the link your account screen, if anyone has one?

Able to input the code via a web browser but this does not action the tv to proceed...

This message was authored by Chloe240 This message was authored by: Chloe240

@Jporch316 it's not a puck it's sky glass and I have tried restarting it without Ethernet and it's doing the same 

This message was authored by Jimmy7062 This message was authored by: Jimmy7062

The postcode issue and non matching address issue was because when you took up sky glass they set up new accounts. I had this issue when I got sky glass as the address on sky glass account did not match my skyQ account address and was told that the accounts were linked I had moved house.

Surely sky could run a file fix if that is still the case.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Chloe240 wrote:

@Jporch316 it's not a puck it's sky glass and I have tried restarting it without Ethernet and it's doing the same 

How many times have you run the recovery procedure ?

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by ClíonaDunne This message was authored by: ClíonaDunne

Eventually got mine working, thank you to whoever suggested trying to connect to hotspot on my phone, that's the only thing that worked here despite trying again and again the way sky told us, had to do the sky glass tv and puk seperatly, thanks again for all the advice 

This message was authored by GJ67 This message was authored by: GJ67

Re: No assistance whatsoever - no help online or the phone. Activation!

On the fourth day, success! It turns out the final stumbling block for a reset was the remnants of old email still on the account and the asking for my postcode all the time was an error.  Big thanks to Kelly at Sky who sorted it for me (thanks to her persistence) around 3:30 this afternoon. All good now.

@Jporch316  I have lost count!! 

This message was authored by Kdoodle This message was authored by: Kdoodle

Hi

how do you do, do you select 'allow

others to join?' Thanks 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@ClíonaDunne wrote:

Eventually got mine working, thank you to whoever suggested trying to connect to hotspot on my phone, that's the only thing that worked here despite trying again and again the way sky told us, had to do the sky glass tv and puk seperatly, thanks again for all the advice 

I did suggest doing that for you in post 3947
Glad you got it going using that method.

Enjoy your Glass Tv once again 😀

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by ClíonaDunne This message was authored by: ClíonaDunne

Yes. And then my phones name appeared on network selection and put my password in from hotspot page and it started re booting from there

This message was authored by TD79 This message was authored by: TD79

@docer64 

This is the problem I'm having, and as of yet sky don't have a fix for this particular issue 

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. I CANT BE THE ONLY ONE IN THIS EXACT PREDICAMENT! 

I have done the recovery process and million and one times. I used an Ethernet cable which I had to go out and buy specifically for this stupid problem,  to complete the software update. I was then brought to the pin page. No my pin is not working. I have tried the last 4 digits of my phone number and I have also tried to reset using the last 4 digits of my long card number if not my bank account number and ITS NOT WORKING!! I have also tried the method of turning it on standby, switching off at the wall, pulling the plug, putting the plug back, switching it back on, leaving it half hour,  pressing standby again, then menu, NOTHING IS WORKING.  PLEASEEEEEEEEE IM CLOSE TO A MENTAL BREAKDOWN. 

This message was authored by TD79 This message was authored by: TD79

@Chloe240 

I think you need to sit out the phone queue so you actually have an open case if they can't resolve it 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion