Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Managed to reset the puck unable to use remote to change channels or anything else. Changed batt

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more
I have moved your thread to a more appropriate forum
Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
This message was authored by Brian225 This message was authored by: Brian225

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Just spent 2 hours on the phone, holding on then talking to an agent. Puck now works and I'm watching the telly again. Its a software problem that stops the tv from recognising WiFi but Sky agent was able to talk me through the recovery process. So if you're without your service ring them up it'll take a few hours to resolve, enjoy your Sunday.....

This message was authored by GJ67 This message was authored by: GJ67

Re: No assistance whatsoever - no help online or the phone. Activation!

I am now on my third day without Sky TV.  All I need is an actual person on the phone to correct the 'postcode incorrect ' message so I can enter the code and get Glass TV back.  I am reading countless stories of being unable to speak to a tech support member.  I spent over two hours on the phone yesterday and am back on again today, with no response; in a supposed queue with a cycle of the same songs to pass the time, no numbering, no updates, not even a hint that someone will ever answer... Disgraceful 

This message was authored by Cdrw111 This message was authored by: Cdrw111

Re: Sky stream down 3 days

I am signed in but still.get the woops message. Cleared cache, cookies but still getting it. Tried ipda, Windows, android but no joy. 

This message was authored by sledge01 This message was authored by: sledge01

For anyone getting to the point where you just can't connect to the router I've tried dozens of times to connect with password, WPS & on Friday tried once with a Ethernet cable to no avail 

out of desperation today I tried with the Ethernet cable again & to my surprise it worked the following was how I did it

1/ I switched off the tv at the socket

2/ plugged in the Ethernet cable at the router then the tv don't know if that makes a difference but that was my process 

3/ switched on the tv at the socket, it then started the boot up sequence and eventually got the point where I had reset as if a new tv

4/ after I had got everything back up & running using the Ethernet cable I unplugged it from the tv then went into setting & set up connecting the wifi using my router password & everything back to normal now

hope this is of some use to other facing the same problem

This message was authored by Terryannervin This message was authored by: Terryannervin

My sky puk is not working i have no sky tv and havent since 20.9.2024

I have no sky tv and have not since 20.9.24 

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: My sky puk is not working i have no sky tv and havent since 20.9.2024

@Terryannervin   If you have not already done so have a look at the Answer (post 2) and follow this link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on for the recovery process. It has not worked for all subscribers

Most people who have an issue seem to get stuck at either the PIN or activation steps. If asked for a PIN just ignore it and unplug your Glass TV and then plug it back in again after about 30 seconds. After it reboots you should be able to continue the recovery procedure.

When you are aske to enter an activation cove ensure you are logged into your My Sky account or you will get an Oops..... error message.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Liz-m This message was authored by: Liz-m

Hi had to go through reset process on Friday which was long winded and annoying but worked. Now my steaming pucks arent working again, this afternoon 12:25pm. The reset procedure wont work this time they pucks wont power on at all, not even whilst pressing down on the standby button. What else can I try?

This message was authored by Lonesome+dove This message was authored by: Lonesome+dove

Sky glass

IF anyone out there can't get their sky glass working the only way is to go to factory reset it's a pain but it's the way I did it. Sky must be brought to book for this their customer care service is a shambles . As soon as my contract is up ITS GOODBYE SKY. bye the way they are giving everyone a£5 compensation credit they are a complete joke 👿👿👿
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Sky stream down 3 days

@Cdrw111 wrote:

I am signed in but still.get the woops message. Cleared cache, cookies but still getting it. Tried ipda, Windows, android but no joy. 

This  is as you have gathered, an ongoing issue.

It has been flagged to Sky, but so far we have seen no progress from them on the issue.

There could be a number of reasons it is affecting some customers and could be caused by several issues.

See you have tried some of these below already.

• Making sure you are being logged  into your Sky account before navigating to the activation page
  • On your account having multiple Sky IDs (Sky Mobile and Sky TV) and using the wrong account to sign in 
  • Having an older Sky account  ID, perhaps following a cancellation and the like and Sky not correctly recognising the correct one.

It may be the case for  having an older Sky ID, the only cure is by making a phone call to Sky.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Mellissa7714 This message was authored by: Mellissa7714

Re: Sky Stream TV still not working

Hi, I have figured out how to fix your sky tv if it is stuck on standby and if it will not connect to your WiFi,

If stuck on standby follow the steps 

1. On your Sky remote, press 4 and 6 together for three seconds. This will reset your remote.
  2. Switch off your TV at the mains again. There's no need to unplug it.
  3. Press and hold the Standby button on the right-hand side of the TV.
    4. Keeping your finger on the button, switch the power back on at the mains and wait until you see the LED lights flash, then remove your finger.
    5. Let the Sky Glass TV complete the recovery process. This can take up to 15 minutes, depending on your broadband speed.
    6. Switch the TV back on and follow the steps on screen to set up your TV. 

if your tv is not connecting to your WiFi try:

1. turn off your tv

2. turn on personal hotspot in your phone settings 

3. turn on your tv let it start up 

4. connect your tv to your hot spot by typing in the password for your hotspot

5. Let your tv complete update 

6. reconnect your tv to your WiFi router 

thanks everyone hopefully I can get some more of you up and running.

This message was authored by Paulbuckland557 This message was authored by: Paulbuckland557

What's the recommendation if you are logged into my sky.

You get a message saying you are now active.

But the sky glass holds still on the page with the activation code and wont move forward....?

This message was authored by David+s+n This message was authored by: David+s+n

Thanks Mellisa but i am stuck on the link to your account page inputting the activation code does not work. And yes i do sign in 1st. Dave 

This message was authored by Mellissa7714 This message was authored by: Mellissa7714

Hi, are you stuck with your sky glass or the app ? 

Hi, sorry I don't understand are you trying to connect to the tv via the app ? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion