Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Sy70 This message was authored by: Sy70

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

@Jporch316 wrote:

@Sy70 wrote:

Mine is doing this too! So frustrating 😫

Hi

are you able to follow the step by step recovery process on page 2 of this rather large thread 

Yes it completes the download then just freezes on the network setup page

This message was authored by Dutch11 This message was authored by: Dutch11

Mine too, and sky are being no help just copy and pasting their restart help page.

This message was authored by Pearce0712 This message was authored by: Pearce0712

Re: Linking to sky account

I have the same issue.. I thought my sky remote was faulty but seems like we have a problem in the area. My 3 year old is doing my head in with no TV or YouTube. 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sy70 wrote:

@Jporch316 wrote:

@Sy70 wrote:

Mine is doing this too! So frustrating 😫

Hi

are you able to follow the step by step recovery process on page 2 of this rather large thread 

Yes it completes the download then just freezes on the network setup page

Are you able to use an ethernet cable temporarily 

also can you try rebooting your router 

also try holding the remote really close to the device as it defaults to infa red connection and doesn't work from to far away 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Chrismurr80 This message was authored by: Chrismurr80

I'm starting to lose my mind. Since yesterday, My sons Sky Glass no longer connects to WiFi via password or wps. I have to lug it downstairs and hook it up to a wired connection. Get everything working. Get the WiFi connection working. 
take it back upstairs and plug it in. It works!

overnight it turned itself on and went to network setup screen like it's reset itself again.

took it all downstairs, did everything again. Bring it back up and plug it back in and it goes into setup mode again with the blue screen. Can't connect again. 

im going bonkers. 

This message was authored by MLVCP This message was authored by: MLVCP

1000020437.jpg

 Thank you very much, all back working 👍 Good luck all.

This message was authored by RB29 This message was authored by: RB29

Yea I did that reset while on phone over an hour with sky yesterday and yet hit another fault where ur won't accept pin. The sky guy said its another fault to wait to fix.???  

It took ages tryjng to get box turned on after it flashing on snd off SKY on My tv then No signal etc for a while day and a half and yet now cannot watch anything as can't get it to accept pin. 

This message was authored by Cath36 This message was authored by: Cath36

Exactly the same situation for me. Phoned sky again today who said there is now a fix but you have to talk to their technical team.  Now been on hold for an hour and a half.

This message was authored by Helpme13 This message was authored by: Helpme13

Hi 

im exactly the same with a useless code on my screen nowhere to put it and nobody answering the phone at sky to advise on an update or info 🤬🤬

not third world I appreciate that but just so annoying in this day & age 

@Chrismurr80 wrote:

I'm starting to lose my mind. Since yesterday, My sons Sky Glass no longer connects to WiFi via password or wps. I have to lug it downstairs and hook it up to a wired connection. Get everything working. Get the WiFi connection working. 
take it back upstairs and plug it in. It works!

overnight it turned itself on and went to network setup screen like it's reset itself again.

took it all downstairs, did everything again. Bring it back up and plug it back in and it goes into setup mode again with the blue screen. Can't connect again. 

im going bonkers. 

That's a new one ! Maybe leave the tv plugged in downstairs for a few hours after setting it up then power it off a few times at the plug while downstairs to let it do some background stuff 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Rissi This message was authored by: Rissi

Sky puck won’t turn on

My sky puck won't turn on anyone else having the same issue been on hold to sky for almost an hour 

This message was authored by Jimmy7062 This message was authored by: Jimmy7062

If you are having problems at network set up page try pressing the wps button on the router till it flashes and chose that in the options for connecting to the network.

This message was authored by TP637 This message was authored by: TP637

Exactly the same with us still doing Exactly the same over and over ..

This message was authored by Chrismurr80 This message was authored by: Chrismurr80

Do you have a network cable you can use? I'm able to get things working again with that, and switch it back to WiFi.

mine then it reset itself again overnight though so may only be a daily fix unless you can leave the network cable in. 

@MLVCP wrote:

1000020437.jpg

 Thank you very much, all back working 👍 Good luck all.

Did the same myself even changed the batteries in the remote before I realised the control defaults to infa red after a reset and needs to be very close 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion