Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Kitchenmaid This message was authored by: Kitchenmaid

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Completed the reset process as suggested. Puck updates etc. Asks me to link my account but the link code hasn't worked yet. Very frustrating. 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lesley07 wrote:

Hi 

I have Sky glass and I have tried the recovery process numerous times but it does not work. I'm holding the standby button as soon as I see the red light I'm letting go of standby . The Sky logo comes up goes off and then it goes to Network set up which I can't get past . It says that it can't connect . My WiFi is working I even turned the WiFi off and back on .I just don't know what to do . Please can someone help me am I doing something wrong .

Thank you

Can you plug in with an ethernet cable straight to your router temporarily to get up and running 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky glass won’t link

@Denise67 wrote:

Can't seem to speak to a real person 

not had my sky glass working now for 3 days 

it won't let me link my account 

keeps coming up with a message saying "oops there's been a problem call this number"

I call the number and no one answers

tried about 20 times in 2 days 

absolute joke sky customer services are rubbish to the point 

You sometimes get this message if you are not logged into your account before you go to the activation screen 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by DanJC1975 This message was authored by: DanJC1975

Mine all fine now. Recommend that anyone having the issue of it not connecting to their router creates a mobile hotspot on their phone and connect to that

This message was authored by Ahmed6 This message was authored by: Ahmed6

Reboot/reset your broadband router. The red light should come on. Then press the power button until the red light goes out. Should fire it up. 

This message was authored by Julia41 This message was authored by: Julia41

Just done the fix for sky stream (puck) it worked for me the first time I rebooted it stated software error and gave me a qr code followed the instructions off that and it's working fine 

This message was authored by Ando24 This message was authored by: Ando24

Two days on and still no luck. I am not at home and relying on the services of someone at home, however, they have told me they have carried out the required steps for resetting the Sky Glass TV.

They have used both the online steps and the virtual assistance steps with no luck. 

Not even getting a red flashing light. No options to factory reset or anything, almost as if the TV is as dead as a dodo. 

Thought I'd post here if there are any similar issues with no response to the instructions provided, if not I shall be phoning up later today...

This message was authored by azza1978 This message was authored by: azza1978

I've only got the one account and can see both stream devices in there. I've also tried logging in using different networks, same issue unfortunately. 

This message was authored by Lesley07 This message was authored by: Lesley07

I can't it is on the the other side of the room I really don't know what else to do 

This message was authored by Mickconms This message was authored by: Mickconms

This thread only had a few entries when i posted my original comment. I then found out how to reset it. The earlist response from sky was yesterday at 12:20.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Ando24 the process being advised forces a download of a fresh copy of firmware. Resetting the set from the settings menu if that is possible simply removes customer data but still leaves the bad firmware. 

In cases where the set has been unresponsive leaving the power unplugged for a few hours has been reported to work otherwise sorry you will have to talk to Sky.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Amandacol This message was authored by: Amandacol

Unable to link account

We have sky glass that went down last night , tried all the recommendations of powering up and have got a code to link your account - I then go to he sky activate and comes up with oops there is a problem . I have tried everything , include handset , calling them but continually on hold ...help please 

This message was authored by Ando24 This message was authored by: Ando24

Yeah it's been unplugged for a fair few hours, thanks for the reply though, I shall try my luck with someone, somewhere on the end of a phone. 

This message was authored by Sarahloucorrie197 This message was authored by: Sarahloucorrie197

Sky glass not working

My sky glass has not been working for 3 days now. I have tried calling so many times to be left waiting for hours. I've messaged them to complain and got an email with a  case reference number which I am not allowed to put in this message. In the email they say they tried calling me which they categorically have not. I've done the reset 3 times now as suggested in the community forum and on the text message sent directly from sky. The first time there was just a blank screen, the second time it said software update error and the third time it says to link my account at sky.com/activate where it asks me for my postcode only to be told my postcode isn't recognised. I'm currently on hold again trying to speak to someone. This is not the customer service I have come to expect from sky. I have been a VIP member for over 10 years. Absolutely appalling. I request that this be escalated and someone contact me.

This message was authored by Daz29 This message was authored by: Daz29

Will not dign in after sky glass reboot. Tried the reset 4 timez. Now still on hold to sky120 minute

Sky glass rebooted and now will not load apps , stuck on the sky sign in page. Tried rebooting 4 times and nothing. Been on hold to sky for over 120 minutes. This service is terrible,  time to cancel

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion