Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mark5000 wrote:

My sky glass tv has no power red light, however the power is fine on the side of the tv the mute button lights up.  I have been trying since yesterday to reboot but nothing happens.  I have in plugged tv and tested power as well when will sky get back to us?  What are our rights, I am fortunate I have a pick as well so can watch on the kitchen tv but considering how much I am paying for sky glass you would expect a response 

Please follow the recovery process on post 2 of this rather large thread ...... follow it exactly step by step 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

@Gumshoe22 wrote:

The recovery process rebootsTV but does not restore service as it does not get passed Network Set-up. I've left everything swtiched off. I've then repeated the recovery process. Several times. 

TV no longer recognising router it seems. Router works - I am using it now to send this message, but just to be sure I have taken the addtional step of switching off TV, then router, waiting 10 mins and then reversing. Makes no difference, still stuck on Network Setup since Friday morning (20/09). This must be related to the existing issue, which as I understand it, was caused by Sky.

I am hold to the call centure (44 minutes and counting). The hold music is already repeating songs.

Please fix the problem. Please update the Sky App and your web pages when you have done so.  

If you can try plugging an ethernet cable into your tv and into the router temporarily during the process 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Stacy8 This message was authored by: Stacy8

Finally! If you are stuck on the pin stage at activation. Ignore it, unplug power cable from the back of the book. Wait 10 seconds and then plug it back in. Mine worked straight away.

This message was authored by Hercules7513 This message was authored by: Hercules7513

Sky Glass TV - cannot link to account

Hi - I reset my Sky Glass TV because of the outage, however when I go to www.sky.com/activate as prompted on screen to link my account, I get as far as the screen where it asks for my postcode. 

Then two issues - firstly when I entered the postcode I am living at now and have been for a year, it obviously hasn't been updated on the system despite me requesting it to be after I moved.  So I entered the "wrong" postcode 3 times and got locked out. 

However later I was able to get back to that screen and entered my previous postcode - now I get an error message saying "An error occured, please check the details or try again later".

Note when I access MySky - it identifies that there is an outage in my area - but flashes up my old address!

I rang Sky and was on for 10 mins with someone who couldn't figure it out and passed me on to the technical team where I have just been cut off after being on hold for 2 hours.

I think my issue now is something to do with my account rather than Sky Glass TV outage - but that's what has reulted in me now unable to (re)link my account and watch Sky.

Please could someone help me?  Thank you

This message was authored by Jackqui This message was authored by: Jackqui

Fix for sky stream I have just done it and it works 

Jackqui_0-1726912827826.png

This message was authored by Graham2145 This message was authored by: Graham2145

Sky Stream outage

I have a Sky Stream puck and have had no TV for 2 days . Tried all the suggestions regarding holding the power button and waiting for it to reset but to no avail.

Frankly I'm considering cancelling this service as I am paying for looking at a blank screen. 
How do I go about cancelling my contract as I still have a few months left before my contract finishes.

This message was authored by azza1978 This message was authored by: azza1978

I'm getting this issue as well. I've got 2 stream boxes, one was working but the picture was breaking up badly. I resolved this with a quick restart from the settings menu. My second box is stuck on the activation screen and I get the opps error message. It is definitely my account as I can see all the details. I tried various browsers and used private mode to log in. Can't get through to sky on the phone after 3 hours of waiting!

Any ideas on how to get this working?? 

This message was authored by eddieco This message was authored by: eddieco

Cant reset second puck

Tv failed yesterday, now OK in main room,but not on second puck, what do I do.

@azza1978 wrote:

I'm getting this issue as well. I've got 2 stream boxes, one was working but the picture was breaking up badly. I resolved this with a quick restart from the settings menu. My second box is stuck on the activation screen and I get the opps error message. It is definitely my account as I can see all the details. I tried various browsers and used private mode to log in. Can't get through to sky on the phone after 3 hours of waiting!

Any ideas on how to get this working?? 

Have you had or do you have more than 1 sky accounts? This can cause issues 

also some users have reported getting to the activation screen by using an alternative internet connection (mobile network or neighbours wifi )

@Stacy8 wrote:

Finally! If you are stuck on the pin stage at activation. Ignore it, unplug power cable from the back of the book. Wait 10 seconds and then plug it back in. Mine worked straight away.

Glad it worked for you !

This message was authored by Donald671 This message was authored by: Donald671

Re: Sky Glass TV - cannot link to account

I'm having a similar problem with my sky streaming puck it won't let me open the activate my account webpage. It's been like this for two days and I can't even get through to the Sky phone number. No one is answering my phone call. 

This message was authored by 1209lee This message was authored by: 1209lee

Re: Outage

I am still having the same problem have been on hold to sky for over and hour is there any solution ? feeling like my only option now is to demand a new sky glass as THEY have broken mine !. 

This message was authored by Ahmed6 This message was authored by: Ahmed6

Re: Sky glass still not working

The red light on my Glass TV only came on after I rebooted and reset my broadband router. Also, I jimmied the power cable in & out of the TV a few times and heard a cackling noise. Then the red light came on. Pressed the side button for about 20 seconds and the TV downloaded the software and is working fine now 

This message was authored by Lesley07 This message was authored by: Lesley07

Hi 

I have Sky glass and I have tried the recovery process numerous times but it does not work. I'm holding the standby button as soon as I see the red light I'm letting go of standby . The Sky logo comes up goes off and then it goes to Network set up which I can't get past . It says that it can't connect . My WiFi is working I even turned the WiFi off and back on .I just don't know what to do . Please can someone help me am I doing something wrong .

Thank you

This message was authored by Denise67 This message was authored by: Denise67

Sky glass won’t link

Can't seem to speak to a real person 

not had my sky glass working now for 3 days 

it won't let me link my account 

keeps coming up with a message saying "oops there's been a problem call this number"

I call the number and no one answers

tried about 20 times in 2 days 

absolute joke sky customer services are rubbish to the point 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion