Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Stream/Puck not working - PIN reset also not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stacy8 wrote:

I have exactly the same problem. Round and round and I know people are trying to help but following the instructions hasn't helped me either and gets stuck on the pin page. I'm currently on hold (30 minutes and counting) I will post update once I have spoken to them

When you get to the pin screen pull the plug for a few minutes then plug back in - it should then continue without needing the pin 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

@Stacy8  If you are asked to enter a PIN ignore it and simply switch off  your Glass/Puck at the mains and switch it on again to reboot.  This is the advice given in the "Answer" at post 2 of this thread.  Good luck.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Karen2021 This message was authored by: Karen2021

Hi does anyone have a latest update from Sky. We are all in the same position. I suggest using one post to reply. My phone is about to blow up with all the notifications!😆😆
This message was authored by TP637 This message was authored by: TP637

Still showing the code to enter but our app won't open to do it 

This message was authored by Sarahm0801 This message was authored by: Sarahm0801

Mine is still down! Tried the reset a number of

times over the past 2 days and just get stuck in the link your account screen.  I can successfully input the code on sky.com/activate and get the message that my device has been successfully added but the link your account screen in the telly won't move onto the next part of the set up. I spent an hour on hold with sky yesterday and where the lady I spoke to tried to be helpful it was clear she didn't really know what was going on. So here I am on day 2 with no sky glass and no sign of a resolution 🙄

This message was authored by Hobbayne64 This message was authored by: Hobbayne64

I have managed to do the hard reset on the Sky Glass in the lounge, but. the sky puck in the bedroom. I am still having trouble with. I have managed to do the reset.on it, and attempting to reconnect it to my router. but my router is not being recognised. Has anybody. has anybody got any suggestions??

This message was authored by markcpops This message was authored by: markcpops

Link Your Account - https://sky.com/activate

Ok so I have been down for 24 hours now but managed to get the sky glass back up yesterday. Unfortunately, I can not seem to link the account as when I go to the web page it says "Oops there has been a problem" When you call Sky on the number provided, you just get unhelpful messages. Is it a case of just waiting until the outage is over or do I need to do anything else?

Markcpops

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Anonymous wrote:

Where is your evidence that it is working in the majority of cases?  According to Sky, it is not working for somewhere between 7k and 10k customers, which is not a small number. 

A 99% percent success rate for a notional million-strong user base would still see ten thousand unhappy customers: 90% success would leave 100,000 without service.  That's always the downside of large scale operations.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Nix37 wrote:

I have stream and followed the steps BUT the activation page is working probably due to amount of people trying it! 

@Nix37 Make sure you are signed into your MySky account at www.sky.com or the activation page will give the Oops error message.

If you are signed in then try signing out and back in again.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Chloe240 This message was authored by: Chloe240

I don't have a puck I just have glass tv 

This message was authored by Ahmed6 This message was authored by: Ahmed6

My glass tv was dead as a brick, no power , no red light since Thursday evening. Literally 15 mins ago, I took the power cable in & out of the tv a few times while plugged into the mains, I heard a few crackles and the red light finally came on. Then I held the power button down for about 30 seconds and the blue screen came on and it updated automatically. The TV then turned off,red light came on about 2 mins later. Tyrone's it on with the remote and everything is working fine. Netflix, Apple TV etc are all working and logged in automatically 

This message was authored by TP637 This message was authored by: TP637

We can't get link to open our app dosent open this will be our second day .it's great when you feel your getting it then opps something has gone wrong. Again 

This message was authored by Maddshell This message was authored by: Maddshell

Re: Link Your Account - https://sky.com/activate

I'm really glad it's not just me at least! Exactly the same situation here so hopefully someone from Sky sees this and can help as being stuck in this loop when you know the problem is fixed is very frustrating!

This message was authored by Lonesome+dove This message was authored by: Lonesome+dove

Does anyone know how to access the graphic equalizer on sky glass please went into sound settings I couldn't find it.

This message was authored by Anita35 This message was authored by: Anita35

Got it working, thanks for the advice from the sky employee, 🤗

Got it working again. Discount needed now 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion