Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Kristo32 This message was authored by: Kristo32

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@Kristo32 wrote:

can anyone confirm that they are getting an error message when trying to go to sky.com/activate?

@Kristo32You will get an error message of "Oops there's a problem" if you are not logged into your MySky account at  https://www.sky.com/mysky

Once logged in go to https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate This is where you can enter your activation code.

Following a similar post to yours I checked the activation page earlier this evening and it was working correctly.

thank you but im definitely logged in and still getting the same. 100% its not me

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kristo32  The only other thing I can think of is to log out and then back in again.  Good luck.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Angryofhalewood wrote:

Suggestion to all Sky Stream users who have been and are still affected by this outage (ours is still off after 30+ hrs).

Do what my husband did and cancel your direct debit. They'll soon contact you wanting to know why and maybe just maybe they'll put some urgency into fixing it.

I wouldn't suggest doing this it can lead to more issues with your account .... the fix is listed in post 2 of this thread 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Ric74 This message was authored by: Ric74

@Fothergill1 done that probably about twenty times today.  Same result.  👎🏻

I'm definitely logged in.  Perhaps I have a different issue to everyone else?

Go on your phone and open a browser (I use google search) type in sky.com/activate 

it will ask you to sign in with your sky id 

Once logged in type sky.com/activate in the search bar and you should get straight to the screen that asks for the code 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Lorraine3632 This message was authored by: Lorraine3632

Can’t input activation code for sky stream as error message.

I, had to reinstall my sky stream as it wasn't turning on, I got as far as the code but can't put the code into the link as it comes up with error message. When will this be fixed?

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Linking your sky account sky .com/activate

1000003780.jpg

 I've done a reset on the puck managed to reset it after it was having technical issues got so far asking to link your sky activate and logged in to sky. Com and the Web site is showing up as not working it's crashed the site to link your account to so I've got to ring sky up in the morning to tell them I can't activate the link to my account its not working 

This message was authored by JacqueP This message was authored by: JacqueP

Re: Can’t connect to Sky stream

I've managed to connect my puck and remote. Although my remotes not working properly the volume button is back to front, when I want to

turn sound up I have to press turn volume down?? 
I connected by continuing to press buttons 4&6 together several times , after a while in possibly over an hour it asked me to activate my account, went on to 'My Sky' account put the activation code in followed the prompts on screen any it all linked, the only problem I have now is the remote buttons are all over the place. But at least I have Sky and TV now. 
2/3 days without anything, so frustrating and no explanation from Sky! 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Angryofhalewood wrote:

Suggestion to all Sky Stream users who have been and are still affected by this outage (ours is still off after 30+ hrs).

Do what my husband did and cancel your direct debit. They'll soon contact you wanting to know why and maybe just maybe they'll put some urgency into fixing it.

@Angryofhalewood  That is definitely not the answer.  Sky will suspend your account and you could even get a call from the debt collectors.  At the very least it will have a detrimental effect on your credit rating (for everything in the future not just Sky).

Have you tried the answer as poster in post 2 of this thread.  It had me back up and running in just a few minutes.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Re: Can’t connect to Sky stream

@JacqueP wrote:

I've managed to connect my puck and remote. Although my remotes not working properly the volume button is back to front, when I want to

turn sound up I have to press turn volume down?? 
I connected by continuing to press buttons 4&6 together several times , after a while in possibly over an hour it asked me to activate my account, went on to 'My Sky' account put the activation code in followed the prompts on screen any it all linked, the only problem I have now is the remote buttons are all over the place. But at least I have Sky and TV now. 
2/3 days without anything, so frustrating and no explanation from Sky! 

The remote can be reset and paired again following these steps;

1.   Press and hold 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds.
  2.   Press and hold 4 and 6 together for three seconds.
  3.   Press and hold 1 and 3 together for three seconds and follow the on-screen instructions.
This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Re: Linking your sky account sky .com/activate

1000003781.jpg

 that's the site which isn't working as you can see the activate sky account what do I do if I cant access the site to link my sky account to get my puck up and running again many thanks 👍 

This message was authored by MWmarketing This message was authored by: MWmarketing

I get the same error.

This message was authored by Ruby32 This message was authored by: Ruby32

There seems to be a national issue with Sky puck not starting up...... I've tried everything over and over, even went in past Sky stand in Aberdeen, gentleman was very helpful and said the same, Houston .... We have a problem ..... Lol 😂

Sorry, if I don't laugh, I'll cry ..... Two full days now, and its not working and we are paying for this , I hope we get some sort of compensation........  I know there are more serious issues going on in the world, sorry, but I miss my Sky..... Not same watching on phone......

This message was authored by char51 This message was authored by: char51

I cannot use my glass tv

My sky glass to will not work, have tried the things it said to do. But there just dead

@Ruby32 wrote:

There seems to be a national issue with Sky puck not starting up...... I've tried everything over and over, even went in past Sky stand in Aberdeen, gentleman was very helpful and said the same, Houston .... We have a problem ..... Lol 😂

Sorry, if I don't laugh, I'll cry ..... Two full days now, and its not working and we are paying for this , I hope we get some sort of compensation........  I know there are more serious issues going on in the world, sorry, but I miss my Sky..... Not same watching on phone......

There's a fix in post 2 of this thread 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion