Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by R1char8 This message was authored by: R1char8

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

I genuinely have, about 20 times, my TV is no longer seeing power, tried different leads and sockets that I know work, it's bricked, and now told by Sky that as it's out of warranty there is nothing they can do. 

This message was authored by DjIce1983 This message was authored by: DjIce1983

Re: Sky Glass Power Up Fobbed Off

I will be on there case myself tomorrow mines definitely a hardware swap out issue 

Oh I'm sure you're right, was extremely polite, but the solution, buy a new one, is insane.

This message was authored by DjIce1983 This message was authored by: DjIce1983

I can see a court case coming asking us to constantly turn our tvs on and off every minute something will short out soon 

This message was authored by PESKYWAABBIT This message was authored by: PESKYWAABBIT

Reset the Sky puck about 5 times now and nothing different, always stuck on incorrect PIN.

Found that after resetting the Puck, if you pair the remote with 1+3 buttons then when asked if you want to have the remote control the TV reply with No. 

It then took me straight to the PIN menu but the menu appeared different and didn't say incorrect PIN, entered PIN set by default and the puck is now working.

Could help others.

This message was authored by Goofey This message was authored by: Goofey

sky streaming puck

my 2 pucks went off suddenly on Thusday night. I spent most of today waiting to get an agent,as could not get them via telephone. On the website finally after 1 hour wait,I got an agent,whom was no help at all. went onto them again later on in the afternoon, and gave them all my information again, with the puck ids,but all The agent gave me was 3 telephone numbers, which gave me a recorded message saying that there was an issue with sky glass. I do NOT have sky glass. However, at approx., 6.30 pm 1 of the pucks came on. However the other one in the bedroom has failed to connect to the tv. I am totally fed up trying different things to get it working again. Can anyone help?

This message was authored by G56 This message was authored by: G56

Sky glass issue

Is there anyone who has lost use of the Sky glass service over the past two days, I cannot connect to my Sky glass tv but my broadband is working, can anyone help please 

My puck upstairs is fine, just the Glass appears to be bricked.

This message was authored by Vickim8558 This message was authored by: Vickim8558

Your problem is the same as mine. I'm on sky glass. Nothing wrong with your router and all day on the phone for them to still of not resolved my issue, as others on/off all day have managed to of resolved there issue. I've given up now at 21.30 I'm exhausted. I just hope it's not gonna be another 24 hours!!!

This message was authored by DC2402 This message was authored by: DC2402

Glass not connecting to internet and can’t download Sky Go

Used the workaround to get my Sky Glass back on but now it won't connect to my broadband - so what's the point of letting me turn it back on! 

plus I can't install Sky go on my new M3 MacBook Air! 

any help out there? I've followed all the help articles and nothing is working then you just get cut off when trying to call in. 

This message was authored by Adeel3 This message was authored by: Adeel3

Sky stream puck isn’t powering on despite switching on/off since yesterday.

Issue with sky stream puck? 

also, if anyone could guide, can I use remote to switch on/off sky puck please? 

This message was authored by Fozzy456 This message was authored by: Fozzy456

This is a joke and yet another example of dreadful management. I follow the instructions and my Glass is now on, it is giving me a number to activate the account yet when I go to the website all I get is OOPS something is not working, I guess they mean the Sky Management. How stupid that they do not have a technical number we can all get through to in a reasonable time to resolve the issue, instead I have been on hold for about an hour and they have now closed.

I am a vip customer so good luck all those that are not, perhaps go down to Argos a buy a standard tv, remember the phase reinveting the wheel?

It staggers me how dismissive companies are to the very people that keep them in business, a serious issue, closed at 9, no support prior to that, thank you and get back in your box - awful!

This message was authored by lizzitownsend This message was authored by: lizzitownsend

Mine stops at the pin keeps saying incorrect pin, even if I restart it it stops at the pin. Even when I change the pin still says it's incorrect

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fozzy456 wrote:

How stupid that they do not have a technical number we can all get through to in a reasonable time to resolve the issue, instead I have been on hold for about an hour and they have now closed.

With respect, no commercial company in the modern world staffs their customer call centres at a level capable of coping with a crisis with normal response rates and has those personnel sitting around doing nothing the rest of the time.  Subscription costs would have to be rather a lot higher for that.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Fozzy456 This message was authored by: Fozzy456

This information is useless as your activate website is not working so my Glass is still dumb, a bit like Sky Management.

What a farce and poor example of customer service, no dedicated number, problem caused by Sky yet you continue to roll on in the same old way leaving us without the service we are paying for, rubbish!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion