Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by JillR1 This message was authored by: JillR1

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Did you wait for the red light to flash before releasing the power button? I didn't realise you had to until I read another post. It's working now 😀😀

This message was authored by horace This message was authored by: horace

For what it's worth, the steps suggested by Sky (remove power to stream puck, press and hold reset button, reconnect power whilst continuing to hold reset button, then releasing it when the power light starts flashing multiple colours) has got me back up and running.

Bizarrely, our second stream puck (running identical firmware) has been unaffected by this outage. It's remained fully operational throughout, and I've just turned off its power at the wall and rebooted - still fine).

This message was authored by IB13 This message was authored by: IB13

Sky Stream is not working since yesterday, 19 Sept 2024. Calling the helpline does not work.

When turning the power on, the Streaming Box flashes intermittently. It then shows "Sky" on the TV, and proceeds to prompt us to click the SOURCE button.  This is normal.  Once we press enter, it proceeds to show SKY TV.

However, since yesterday, it does not respond.

All the other devices connected to the TV works except for the Sky Streaming box.

We did a health check of our internet, broadband, and the Streaming box. And we found out that there's a problem with the Streaming box which is not isolated in our case.

We tried callin the 0333 numbers, but have not had any success.  Please advise how the problem can be rectified.

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pam+savage  @PaulRC1963  The fix has been posted in this very thread have you followed the steps exactly as posted here?  https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Cbole222 This message was authored by: Cbole222

They say to hold it for 20 seconds, its actually closer to 2 minutes you have to hold it for.

This message was authored by Pesto24 This message was authored by: Pesto24

Sky Stream

From 4:20pm yesterday 19/09/2024 when the television is switched on, the Sky logo appears, however there is a  -   !No Signal 02:58   -  message and the Stream Puck is stuck in a loop with a flashing light and no service.   It is now 12:30pm 20/09/2024.  I have restarted on and off several times, unplugged and replugged to no avail.  All I am getting from Sky is a recorded message then a text message which references Sky Glass and is useless. 

This message was authored by Ceef49_ This message was authored by: Ceef49_

I have stream puck not glass, the latest info on My Sky advisesd restiring the puck, have done this but when comes to link to my account just get message "oops something went wrong" so now no further forward., what is current situatiion as to resloving this problem. Now left with puck not linked tp my account!!!!!

This message was authored by Lauren222 This message was authored by: Lauren222

@GD1  the fix doesn't work on every sky glass we was on the phone with sky and it didn't work so it can't be a *fix* for all it's just a troubleshooting that's all 

This message was authored by Sarahloucorrie197 This message was authored by: Sarahloucorrie197

Sky Glass software error

This is the second day I have been unable to watch sky glass. I tried the reset yesterday, got as far as the downloading software and then nothing, blank screen. I have done exactly the same today and have a message on the screen saying software error. Scanning the QR code on screen just takes me to the page telling you how to reset. No point in resetting it again when there are obviously issues with a lot of people. The online chat is unavailable and I'm currently on my 35th minute of listening to chart hits waiting for someone to discuss this with. I have been a VIP customer for over 10 years and always been very complimentary of Sky's customer service but this is getting really frustrating. Why should I be paying for a service I am unable to use? Sky broadband went down last week and whilst the issue was resolved two days later, this, coupled with the sky glass issue now, really isn't what I have come to expect from sky. How am I supposed to raise an issue/receive compensation when I'm unable to speak to anyone? Is there a way I can escalate this and get someone to contact me? 

This message was authored by Helen105 This message was authored by: Helen105

At long last mine working 

This message was authored by MartinAdamson This message was authored by: MartinAdamson

Yeah, seems the fauulty upgrade was sent out to the clients in batches, so some were lucky enough to miss out on it.

This message was authored by Roxx This message was authored by: Roxx

I've managed to reset the tv following the recovery instructions however when I'm trying to watch channels it's a black screen and the show isn't loading. It also said there's a technical error previous to that. 'There is a technical fault with this programme. Please try again later' happening for all channels. Is there a fix for this?

This message was authored by Ingilybob This message was authored by: Ingilybob

Mine isn't working as of this morning either, tries unplugging and plugging back in after 10 mins, tried to reset by holding the button in while turning the plug on aswell and neither have worked.

No standby light on the front of the TV, only the mic button on the side is lit up so I know the TV is receiving power, but I'm just watching a blank screen, can't even use the xbox or anything.

This message was authored by Hobbayne64 This message was authored by: Hobbayne64

Well, I managed to reset by holding the power button for the best part of 10 minutes It rebooted. wanted to connect to the Internet and didn't recognise my router. So I had to connect it via a. cable. and now it wants me to link to my account Sky activate. But when I go to the page there is an error. What a complete shambles..

This message was authored by Pam+savage This message was authored by: Pam+savage

Mine working held side button from nearly 2 mins and followed instructions back on 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion