Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Donna122 This message was authored by: Donna122

Re: When will you fix the sky glass turning on problem.

Mine still ain't working 

This message was authored by Shelle1 This message was authored by: Shelle1

It is really good when it works. Hopefully they can fix them all.
This message was authored by marekw1973 This message was authored by: marekw1973

mine has the same symptoms
This message was authored by TeeLL This message was authored by: TeeLL

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

My Sky Glass seems to be bricked since Sep 19.

Tried system recovery Sep 19 evening and could see it downloading things but still bricked.

However, checked whether my puck works on another this morning Sep 20 and that is fine.

Trying the system recovery on Sky Glass again today.

This message was authored by crooky15 This message was authored by: crooky15

Mines still not working either
This message was authored by Lee-lo This message was authored by: Lee-lo

Why doesnt my sky glass switch on

Hi, I'm having trouble with switching my Sky Glass on. I've tried switching it off at the wall, and switching it on but nothing. I've also tried switching it off and holding the standby button and switching it on, but again nothing. However, the white light is coming on at the side of the TV. And I have sky glass working completely upstairs on my puck, what can I do?

This message was authored by Pesser This message was authored by: Pesser

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

What a clusterfudge

==================================

LG 65' E9 OLED
1 GIG COMMUNITY FIBRE

Wow Im from the Inverness in the Highlands of scotland, anyone elses broken from here or are we sporadically spread out? Thats intersting if we are.
This message was authored by Carol80B1301 This message was authored by: Carol80B1301

I've tried the re-boot and it's still not working. 

will be surprised if Sky does any compensation as last year I was without any mobile phone signal, data, or text facilities for about 2/3 days due to an issue and got no compensation whatsoever for it. Just a 'sorry'. 

How do we cancel it when we have a streaming tv device that we are paying for alongside the package?
This message was authored by PSC133 This message was authored by: PSC133

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

@PSC133 wrote:

Puck back up and working after performing the recovery process.

Build version now QS033.

Apps did not lose login details.

Edit:  I have also discovered that my other pucks which had been working throughout the problem (presumably because they were powered on all day ) also fail when power is removed and then turned back on.

I have had to perform the recovery process on all pucks.

I am quoting my previous post from last night with an update.

After performing the recovery procedure successfully on all my 6 pucks

(Turn off the mains power to the puck and then turn the power back on whilst holding down the button on it's underside.  Then release the button when the light on the puck changes from white to a coloured light and follow the on screen instructions)

the pucks were updated to build version QS033.

This morning the pucks that were powered overnight have reverted to QS030 but the pucks which were powered off overnight are still on QS033.  These will presumably also revert to QS030.

I mentioned that app login details were remembered, what I didn't mention is that you have to go into settings and set up your picture and sound and start up and standby etc. preferences as these are lost in the restore process.

This message was authored by Loos This message was authored by: Loos

I have just gone through the power up/re set and mine has come back on too, very scary that even our tv power is out of our control!!

This message was authored by Meee3 This message was authored by: Meee3

Re: Sky glass went off at 20.40 last night and still not on . That's nearly 12 hrs . Slow on and off

Hi I'm having same issue I thought tv was broken any idea how long this is going to take to fix? 

This message was authored by Debbie601 This message was authored by: Debbie601

We have power but no ked light tried unplugging ni joy only 1 month old any orher suggestions?

Sky worked ok last night came down this morning no led light on unplugged left for 10 mins pressed the reset button nothing happened. There us power as the speaker comes on when pressing the reset button. What to do now,?

This message was authored by neil003 This message was authored by: neil003

Agree with previous post, do a full reset this morning and it's all working again. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion