Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Tv won't turn on led light just flashing red slowly

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SB10EHS 

I have merged your post into a large thread already discussing this. We can confirm Sky are aware of this and are working on it. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by ShaunP1986 This message was authored by: ShaunP1986

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

I've just gone through the restart process and my TV is now up and running

This message was authored by ZB007 This message was authored by: ZB007

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

@GD1 

What are these "updates" which you allude to, as per your post marked as answer.  

Sky.com area and device check state there are still issues:

• IMG_1779.jpeg

IMG_1780.jpeg

This message was authored by Bankyforeign06 This message was authored by: Bankyforeign06

Sky glass red light standby by flashing but tv not displaying

Hello, after a long day at work, I got home 22:30 on 19/09/24, switched on my sky glass tv 65inches, after few seconds it went off but the red standby light infront of tv kept on blinking but tv couldn't display. I pressed the remote which appears fine, switched the tv off and on from the socket to the wall. But still not on, I unplugged it for few minutes and still nothing. Let it off and unplugged throughout the night till 5:27am 20/08/24 and still not coming up.

is there any solution please? 

This message was authored by Car14 This message was authored by: Car14

Woke up and 2 pucks still just being ornaments. I'm not getting my hopes up for F1 practice this morning, but don't worry I can watch it on my phone screen, that'll be great 🙄

has there been any guesstimate on how long this outage is, and how we are being compensated?

This message was authored by ktebby69 This message was authored by: ktebby69

Re: Sky glass to not powering on. Tried reset not working. Sky on phone 50min hold time. Anyone kn

its a pity that they didn't send out an alert to customers of Sky Glass when they knew! Instead of everyone trying to tix their tvs for hours, very poor customer care, time wasted unnecessarily 

This message was authored by glen1853 This message was authored by: glen1853

Mine downloaded the update and verified it yesterday but still won't switch on. Is it just a waiting game?  Done the normal turn off and on again. Just get the slow blinking standby light on the front. 

This message was authored by BunnyBunce This message was authored by: BunnyBunce

Sky glass tv

Is Sky still having problems my TV won't turn on at all. I've unplugged it and plugged it back in and still nothing. Getting annoyed now. 

@Robbyn97 

That's some top rate software testing by Sky. I know the Sky Q had a beta testing group which I was a part of.  Sounds like they need to do the same for their glass and stream products before causing anymore chaos. .  

This message was authored by glen1853 This message was authored by: glen1853

Re: Sky puck

Mines the other way round. My pucks are working but glass isn't. Means I have to watch tv in bed now lol. 

This message was authored by JS33 This message was authored by: JS33

Same here, Sky Glass not been working since when I noticed at 5pm last night.  Still not working this morning.  I don't have a puck, only the Glass so it's definitely still impacting both things.  Kinda frustrating. 

This message was authored by Fred7w This message was authored by: Fred7w

Re: Sky glass red light standby by flashing but tv not displaying

I have sky glass TV and have the red light flashing on TV,it started yesterday 

@Car14 

One of the threads has a comment marked as solution just after 22:00 stating allow devices to "update".  Post did not provide any detail on said update, but it appears to allude to Sky pushing an update, 

My puck doesn't show any connectivity to Sky after 21:13.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky glass tv

@BunnyBunce 

Yes. I have merged your post into the large thread already discussing this. We can confirm Sky are aware of this and are working on it. 

Sky customer since 2001

Re: Sky glass red light standby by flashing but tv not displaying

@Bankyforeign06 

I've moved your post into a large thread discussing this issue. Sky are aware and working on it. See post 2, currently showing as the answer. 

Sky customer since 2001

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion