Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@STEVEWOLF187 wrote:

Exactly the same but one of my 3 pucks is working !!!!

Whatever you do don't turn it off 🤣

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by STEVEWOLF187 This message was authored by: STEVEWOLF187

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

Mine is just the same one stopped so I swapped with a 2nd puck then both don't work bear in mind the 2nd was working when the first one stopped but my 3rd one is still working ?!!!

This message was authored by GiantsFan69 This message was authored by: GiantsFan69

Re: Both stream pucks stopped working!

Well my Glass has been off since around 4. Initially assumed it was a power problem at my end....checked plugs, bought new power lead just in case. Ran the reboot etc which sparked it into life but once the update completed it died again. Having wasted time and money I then find out it's a sky problem and nothing to do with me.  Similar problems reported elsewhere in Europe. Frustrating.

This message was authored by CaspaG This message was authored by: CaspaG

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

@MarkGoldsmith I doubt it too. The least they could do is write an email informing users about this issue. I mean it already made news on a small paper. My brother has a glass tv but it works fine, he can turn it off and back on again with the remote but he never unplugged from the socket. Hence why I'm thinking it's the new update.

im guessing the tv resets when it's turned of from the mains like a PC's power supply. 

This message was authored by Brooksuk12 This message was authored by: Brooksuk12

Do we have an update yet 

This message was authored by Wendy86 This message was authored by: Wendy86

We had Sky glass but counldn't get our heads round the streaming lark.  We kept the TV and use SkyQ+ plus a mini box in th other room.  The Glass TV packed up earlier but the other TV , Q+ box etc is working fine. Just the Glass TV.  Not even the standby light comes on .  Am with Sky Protect and rang them and  that's when I found out there was a big problem with Sky Glass/Stream.    So can only presume that although we use the Q+ box,,  the TV, being that it's set up for streaming  has been affected too.   

I have now unplugged it in case there is a sudden surge of power and it goes up in smoke!!!!

This message was authored by EX10PLR This message was authored by: EX10PLR

Glass won’t turn on just flashing red light

So fed up with this tv nothing but issues and bugs from day one the glass is about 2 1/2 years old I have tried everything sky tells me to do but nothing. 
it all started, was watching YouTube and it started freezing the picture but sound was still going check on another video same issue check internet totally fine, so I rebooted with the new option on the tv, the sky logo came up and went off then just flashing red light I have tried all the reset options on the sky page but nothing just sat here with no tv and a flashing red light. This has been documented on a popular social media vlogging site as all my other issues just totally fed up with it now yes since the update the tv has been pretty good with little issues until now. Yes I do have sky protect but let's see what that is worth I also took that out when it started and missed all the offers of the free tech you get so I just feel like I'm always getting shafted by sky no surprise there, I'm not thinking of leaving sky completely mobiles etc. I'm sure there will be skys fan boys on here to tell me how amazing sky is. 

This message was authored by Wkdwilly82 This message was authored by: Wkdwilly82

Just done a reboot and it's finally on!!

This message was authored by Macleod-Now This message was authored by: Macleod-Now

The whole thing has been pretty **bleep**e I've been feeling like a lemon thinking my remotes died all the way thinking it's a new tv and checking warranty!!! It's a cool thing when it works but get your developers to test it before you launch!! 🚀 so so so crap really! 

This message was authored by Kembhe This message was authored by: Kembhe

So the answer to the problem is never turn your tv off at the socket. That way it doesn't get the latest download. Very green Sky well done 😡😡😡

This message was authored by Wkdwilly82 This message was authored by: Wkdwilly82

Everyone try the reboot process!! Mine is finally on!!

This message was authored by Robert1366 This message was authored by: Robert1366

Mine went off via a short power cut then it's just the flashing red light I. It's  remote where I live in the Outer Hebrides, I think I'll go **bleep** onto sky q. I was the fist customer to have Sky glass where I live when it first came out. I'll be going **bleep** k to sky w and a regular large screen tv I think.

surely they can sort it so that a soft way issue does not allow you to even turn on the tv. 

please fix this Sky for everyone affected ASAP. 

This message was authored by srad111 This message was authored by: srad111

how long was it off for you

Haha, I refreshed and got a page telling me I can't view this forum discussion. Refreshed again and it displayed properly. Am I on the watch list? 🤣🤣🤣

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion