Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Twayley This message was authored by: Twayley

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Thought it was just me. Turned on and off 

Reset. Sky need to be more open with customers a d also compensate 

This message was authored by JOEBED This message was authored by: JOEBED

Glass tv wont switch on. Ive got a slow pulsing red light.

Happened a few hours ago, Tv would not turn on. I've followed help guide, then done a reset. Sky logo came up then tv downloaded software. Then got Sky logo again, then blank screen with slow pulsing led red light. Tried to upload video but couldn't.

This message was authored by Rebecca1803 This message was authored by: Rebecca1803

Sky glass won’t turn on

Anyone having problems turning their sky glass tv on. The standby light is on but it won't do anything. We do have wifi just can't connect the tv

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Twayley 

Info is on service checker and banner at the top of my Sky app

https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/streamingtv

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Twayley This message was authored by: Twayley

Re: Sky Glass and Stream Pucks - Won’t load the home screen beyond a blue refresh screen

Yeah my daughter said mum puck not working .

So yeah sky need to update us more not where we have to go on app pr call them.

Hope all.yourtvs getting working soon . 

This message was authored by AndrewRussell This message was authored by: AndrewRussell

I will just add my comments to the hundreds here already. 
I estimate the issue started around 16:00 today. 
Since that time I have replace batteries in channel changer, did a reset and update of software five times, I have unplugged completely and tried a restart with the same outcome. 
I press the 4 and the 6, unplug, press the standby and switch on, get a series of software updates, the SKY symbol appears for a while, the red light flashes a bit, then both disappear. 
I tried the help line, the chat is unobtainable (presumably due to hundreds of irritated sky customers) , the phone line has a message saying there are some 'known issues' and advises you to phone back later. 
All in all, a poor service. 
I feel I need to rethink this working a TV exclusively from an internet connection. 

This message was authored by ABTB This message was authored by: ABTB

My Sky TV is not working

Hi, we have done a hard reset, paired the remote again, changed the batteries and turned it on and off but it's still not working. Any ideas please.

This message was authored by Wendyo73 This message was authored by: Wendyo73

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

I have been having issues since about 6.30pm. Have done power off, reset, relined to wifi, software update, changed remote control batteries, reset the puck. I'm at my wits end. Black screen with sky, try switch home screen button- no signal!!! What the bloody he'll is going on???? I'm losing my mind!!!!

This message was authored by CaspaG This message was authored by: CaspaG

Bro imagine if this happened on the premiere league finals. 

The sky sports live streams are **bleep**e as it is damn, this company needs to get their **bleep**e together 

This message was authored by steffielou This message was authored by: steffielou

Has anyone had issues with SkyGo since this started? My tv won't work and I have one puck working and one not. Tried to log in to SkyGo and it won't recognise my log in details (which I have checked with family members to confirm they are right). Wondering if this is all related.

This message was authored by Archer_25 This message was authored by: Archer_25

Had problems for months it's beginning to really wind me up constantly turning off then takes an age to come back on won't turn over I really am thinking of cancelling this is a replacement as my first one did same after a while 

This message was authored by Michael164 This message was authored by: Michael164

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

Are you getting a red standby light? I'm not even getting that

This message was authored by Janed8188 This message was authored by: Janed8188

Sky glass wont turn on

My sky glass wont turn on, the standby light is flashing red on and off but wont go on at all. Ive tried unplugging it for more than 10 seconds and nothing. Help!

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CaspaG wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith Not enough info with the consumer.

"There is an issue"

well yeah I already know that, how about some time frame or cause of the issue? 🤷

Unfortunately you won't tend to get that much more information out of a company when it comes to a tech outage affecting a complex issue. They will tend to be generic with outage messages and very rarely ( or only once they know the fix is working) will they then provide any sort of ETC.

I've been working in tech for 20 years, and when it comes to an outage its always impossible to accurately give any sort of ETC until you actually know the fix will work and its being rolled out. The issue with complex tech platforms is that it can take ages to identify the cause of the problem, and even once you have the cause you then need to figure out the fix, implement it and test it before it can be rolled out.

Personally where i think Sky let themselves down compared to other mayor tech companies is with the post outage report. A lot of tech companies ( which Sky most certainly are now with their streaming platform), will provide a public report giving a high level description of the issue, the root cause, the fix and what the company are planing on doing to prevent the exact same issue happening again. However Sky's policy is not to publically disclouse any information about issues or outages which i feel only lends to damage consumer confidence in Sky.

I expect outages to happen, thats the nature of technology but i like to have faith that the company has learnt from the issue and will planning on doing everything it can to make sure there is no repeat.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Caitlin37 This message was authored by: Caitlin37

Re: I'm struggling to get sky Go working on my tablet. Getting an error message.

Honestly wish I could watch my tv says there's an outage in my area does anyone know when it will be fixed? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion