Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Sky glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lou61 

Known issue: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/td-p/4755170

https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/streamingtv

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Marie64 This message was authored by: Marie64

Re: Martin my sky glass TV is not turning on

In the area we had a power cut about 3 hours ago. 

My sky glass tv wont come on at all the standby light is just blinking.

I.ve tried everything. 

The tv remote lights up still 

This message was authored by john1387k This message was authored by: john1387k

Sky glass been off for over 2 hours

My sky glass tv has been off for over two hours now done everything that the website says but still not working. Looking online this is a problem for a lot of customers. I had problems with my internet for years and made decision to switch and now the service with the tv is having problems maybe time to switch tv too 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

@Anders73 wrote:

@MarkGoldsmithexactly the kind of reply I was describing when folks are staring at a blank screen of an evening. 

@Anders73 whilst i fully appreciate that you may not necessarily be interested about compensation at this point whilst your TV doesn't work, the question or comment has been asked a few times in this thread so its only fair for it to be commented on as clearly some customers are wondering about it.

Yes none of the superusers will know what ( if any) compensation may occur once the issue is resolved, but we can make farily decent assumptions based on our knowledge of Sky's processes and policies. Its quite possible due to size of the outage Sky do something that isn't necessarily the norm for them, however its always worth setting expectations for those wondering.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by PaulRC1963 This message was authored by: PaulRC1963

Only repeating what a sky agent said. No need to get on your high horse. 

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Sky glass been off for over 2 hours

@john1387k 

Known outage: https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/streamingtv

See: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/td-p/4755170

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by EGN1974 This message was authored by: EGN1974

Re: Sky Glass update has stopped Sky Glass from powering on

My sky glass has stopped working as well have done the recovery it downloads an update and now won't go in to stan by! No red light, if I unplug and leave when I plug back in get the sky logo on black screen then nothing!

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@CaspaG wrote:

@Jporch316 My guy, we are paying ridiculous amounts every month to not have to worry about random outages. Several months ago same thing happened where virgin media broadband users couldn't connect to the internet on the sky glass.

Glad you're happy with a book but some have some other hobbies, what if a game was on that some fans wanted to watch in their home with their family? 

not even a single notification about this 

I guess I'm a bit more philosophical about these things ...... I tend to think it is what it is and crack on with something else. Plenty of other stress in life to worry about ......

plus we all have either phones or laptops or we wouldn't be able to post on here . Plenty of apps and stuff to watch what you want 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by CliveB1 This message was authored by: CliveB1

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

• @GD1 I know I won't get a reply on here... sky know what issues I'm having, as I have spoke to them on the phone, and there give no more information than what the server check tells me,  plus what issue I am having is already on here...
  • and I don't really care what's sky is doing in Italy and Germay, I'm in England. But I do thing sky may be in a few more countries, not just Italy and Germany.
  • if you don't like what I write post on here, don't read it, and don't reply.
  • And if you not sky employed by sky whay do you need to respond to my post, we're not friends. 
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@PaulRC1963 wrote:

Sky told me if you go 3 days without service, you are entitled to something. When my wifi went out for a few days last year, they discounted my super fast for 12 months.

Thats a policy for broadband outages and is because Sky have signed up to OFCOMs voluntary automatic compensation scheme for when there is a complete loss of service for phone and broadband.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Saz1234 This message was authored by: Saz1234

Sky stream not working

We have followed all the instructions using the sky app and nothing is working for streaming tv. How long is this going to take to fix been like it for over 2 hours now??
This message was authored by Anders73 This message was authored by: Anders73

@MarkGoldsmiththank you for replying. My disappointment wasn't the approximate assessment but the blunt, slightly rude way in which it was done. 

Sky Glass 43”
Sky stream - Sony OLED + soundbar
This message was authored by Niely This message was authored by: Niely

Re: Sky Glass - Flashing Red Light / TV Not working

What 

I've no idea what you mean 

sorry 

be clear 

This message was authored by Tiayasmin This message was authored by: Tiayasmin

Having the same issues as others. Only had sky glass for 2 days and seems I made the wrong choice 😩

This message was authored by Bulldogbaby This message was authored by: Bulldogbaby

Re: I have a sky puck and keep losing connection

Yeah for some of us it is a big issue, lost my dad last year after giving 18 years as his unpaid carer, need another voice in the room, even if it is the TV. Don't judge till you walk in my shoes

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion