Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by cobievh This message was authored by: cobievh

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

I wouldn't mind so much if sky actually gave out some updates!!!  Yes they know there's a problem, yes they are dealing with it but some timescales isn't asking too much. 

This message was authored by DJH66 This message was authored by: DJH66

I have done exactly the same I even had to connect to the internet with a cable as WiFi will not connect, when I reset my Sky Glass it connects to the internet downloads some updates and the reboots a couple of times then switches off never to come back on again unless I run through the reset procedure again.

Yes I still have over 12 months of payments left, what are our rights here?

Looks like a software update has killed a few thousand Sky Glass tv sets, gonna be expensive to fix.

I do have a couple of streaming oucks that seem to be working luckily, however, the whole thing is totally unacceptable.

This message was authored by Craig116 This message was authored by: Craig116

Sky tv went froze. Restarted but now just black screen and red light flashing..

Sky glass froze. Restarted it but only getting red flashing light and black screen. 

This message was authored by LC23 This message was authored by: LC23

TV still not coming on after going through the recovery steps like everyone else. Just a flashing red light. I have now turned it back off of standby and giving up for the night. Will look for an update here as that seems to be the quickest place to find info. 

This message was authored by Webby2317 This message was authored by: Webby2317

Sky glass wont turn on

It's stuck on standby  even after a reset does the same thing 

This message was authored by CaspaG This message was authored by: CaspaG

@Jporch316 My guy, we are paying ridiculous amounts every month to not have to worry about random outages. Several months ago same thing happened where virgin media broadband users couldn't connect to the internet on the sky glass.

Glad you're happy with a book but some have some other hobbies, what if a game was on that some fans wanted to watch in their home with their family? 

not even a single notification about this 

This message was authored by Jamesceri This message was authored by: Jamesceri

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

I have observed the power up issue on both glass and puck tonight. Everything was working fine yesterday. I have followed the recovery steps successfully and therefore power, display and network connectivity is fine. This does feel like a firmware update issue. The recovery process obviously downloads the latest firmware and not the last known working. Hope it can be fixed/rolled back soon.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@cobievh wrote:

but some timescales isn't asking too much. 

@cobievh 

It's unlikely they know themselves yet. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by PaulRC1963 This message was authored by: PaulRC1963

Sky told me if you go 3 days without service, you are entitled to something. When my wifi went out for a few days last year, they discounted my super fast for 12 months.

This message was authored by Marie64 This message was authored by: Marie64

Re: Martin my sky glass TV is not turning on

Still flashing 

This message was authored by Tom171 This message was authored by: Tom171

Turns it off and on agian

Hi my sky puck turns itself on and I have a sold white light and the sky logo then the light flashes and the logo appears and disappears Then I get a blue or pink screen it appears to be in a reboot loop I tryed all the steps the sky app has sed but no Success dose anyone know what to do 

This message was authored by Niely This message was authored by: Niely

Re: Red light slowly flashing on front of sky Glass tv

Well SKY need to acknowledge this and QUICKLY 

This message was authored by Lou61 This message was authored by: Lou61

Sky glass

Done the turn off press standby , wait for light flashing , taken finger off then it updates then gos off again 😡**bleep** is going off 

This message was authored by Auntiebitty This message was authored by: Auntiebitty

Re: Sky glass tv won’t turn on just flashing red light

Thank you so much for posting your message. I got really stressed out thinking there was a problem with my tv. I'm very grateful and pleased that I don't have to find the money for a new one. Fingers crossed it'll be sorted soon 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PaulRC1963 wrote:

When my wifi went out for a few days last year, they discounted my super fast for 12 months.

@PaulRC1963 

Compensation for a broadband outage is totally different and is covered by an Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk. There is no such scheme for TV issues.,

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion