Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Kimsky1 This message was authored by: Kimsky1

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

My sky glass is on standby? Can't get it to turn back on!

This message was authored by Peter162 This message was authored by: Peter162

Sky Glass TV not turning on

Having issue with Sky Glass

We had a power cut and since then our sky glass tv will not turn on, it's just flashing the red button, gone through the help guide, turned off and on, reset via side etc, taken plug out for 10 minutes. Nothing is working.

This message was authored by Trevorb88 This message was authored by: Trevorb88

Same here in Northern Ireland 🤬🤬🤬

This message was authored by PABCOV This message was authored by: PABCOV

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

Is there a problem with Sky Stream today as unable to get anything today

This message was authored by Rob202 This message was authored by: Rob202

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

@larky+marky I left Virgin cos they were getting rediculous with issue.  Until today, things have been quite good with the pucks, but hoping that it isnt going to be an ongoing thing.

This message was authored by Joanna299 This message was authored by: Joanna299

As a single disabled person, the tv is a lifeline for me, so whilst it may not be a big issue for some, it is for me. Whilst it doesn't happen often, it's pretty disappointing to find that a software update can cause such catastrophic consequences. It's another reason for me to move away from sky and sky glass in particular. I don't pay £100+ a month to watch a blank screen that I can't even turn on and watch non sky streaming on. 

This message was authored by GarethMoir This message was authored by: GarethMoir

Tried unplugging Ethernet and turning router off but the tv now just goes into an update loop and doesn't allow to just use any ports

This message was authored by Darren10202 This message was authored by: Darren10202

Sky puck won’t boot up

Hi, I have 3 sky pucks that all stopped working at the same time, I've done a hard reset and still no joy. 

any ideas of what I might be doing wrong 

This message was authored by Sp87 This message was authored by: Sp87

Thing is as well there has been no notification from Sky in the form of an email with any form of updates just a note on the app...saying they are working hard....yeah ok! I know people have commented thankfully they have managed to get through to Sky saying 48 hours but who has the time to waste to be on the phone that long...not good customer service in my opinion. Like others have said we pay enough money for what we have!
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Joanna299 wrote:

it's pretty disappointing to find that a software update can cause such catastrophic consequences. 

@Joanna299 

The cause hasn't been confirmed and tbh it's unlikely Sky will divulge the reason. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Julieschermer This message was authored by: Julieschermer

My sky glass will not come on all it does flashes red
This message was authored by SaloniMorjaria This message was authored by: SaloniMorjaria

Sky glass not switching on

Sky glass not switching on - no red light to power on
This message was authored by Photographica This message was authored by: Photographica

Are you saying you are not having this issue?  I too am ethernet everywhere and I am suffering the reported issue.
I wish that when these company's put out a message that there is a technical issue, they would describe the symptoms, then at least you know that is the issue affecting you.  Saying there is a techncal issue alone is not helpful....

This message was authored by Smc0082 This message was authored by: Smc0082

Re: Sky puck won’t boot up

I've looked online on the sky app and it says there are technical issues with stream.... this is not ideal. 

Apparently they are working on it, I have tried messaging on the app but I'm in a queue of over an hours wait.

This message was authored by judithdova This message was authored by: judithdova

same here, tv wont stat. flashing red light.. brutal

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion