Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Niall_cal This message was authored by: Niall_cal

Sky Glass not turning on

My Sky Glass is not turning on. I have tried resetting it and it says 'update complete, restarting' but then goes blank again. The mic button on the TV is flashing but thats it. 

This message was authored by Dave77777777787 This message was authored by: Dave77777777787

Glass won’t turn on. Standby light blinking

Tried Turing off, Turing off for 10 mins, the reboot thing, nothing worked. 

This message was authored by BambiJB This message was authored by: BambiJB

Re: No signal/no picture Sky Glass!

We did the same and got just as exasperated, but it's a Sky technical issue, so we just have to stay put and hope they sort it out; they've quoted 48hrs!

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TIMruf1 wrote:

You would of thought that, or even turn on to watch one of your apps like Netflix. But no, if you can't watch sky it's nothing. Until fixed. 

That's would be because the apps aren't installed on the TV or the stream puck. They all run remotely from Skys servers.

The platform is a based on a client/server model so the glass and pucks are practically dumb clients that require a connection to the Sky servers for anything to work on it.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Rob202 This message was authored by: Rob202

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

Thanks for keeping the updates going @MarkGoldsmith  Much appreciated!  Not sure how you are staying cool and level headed though! 8-0

This message was authored by Loos This message was authored by: Loos

What I don't understand is how the Sky problem has affected the power on the sky glass.... as previous people have said if we could turn on we could watch via apps and not Sky whilst they have this issue.... really not good enough for the money we have paid for Sky Glass and for the service

This message was authored by Mad1englishman This message was authored by: Mad1englishman

Like everyone else, I Googled the fault and have spent the last 60 mins trying to get the TV to come on, resets and everything....should have come on the app from the start.
This message was authored by TechWizarda This message was authored by: TechWizarda

If you stand on one leg, squint your left eye.. take a huge run up from outside right up close to you sky glass... spin round 3 times.. sing your favourite song into the remote.. you still won't have fixed it.. but you'll have occupied yourself for 10 minutes... 

This message was authored by larky+marky This message was authored by: larky+marky

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

I think Sky Stream is the worst thing going.

After doing a reset, I can't even connect to my account because there's an error message.

What a total lump of s**t.

I have been thinking of cancelling my subscription altogether, so now this has made my mind up.

Whoever designed the software and UI needs sacking. It's the Windows version of Vista!!!

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Loos wrote:

What I don't understand is how the Sky problem has affected the power on the sky glass.... as previous people have said if we could turn on we could watch via apps and not Sky whilst they have this issue.... really not good enough for the money we have paid for Sky Glass and for the service

Could be because as part of the startup process it tries to connect to Skys servers, it can't for some reason and that causes the device to be unable to boot properly as a result.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by JILLYSR This message was authored by: JILLYSR

Re: My sky glass won't connect to my WiFi check everything still won't work

My glass tv won't turn on. There is a red intermittent light flashing. Can anyone help? I'm on hold for approx 40 mins 🙄

This message was authored by Lou61 This message was authored by: Lou61

Re: No signal/no picture Sky Glass!

Best not be 48hrs 😡they best sort some  compensation out for every customer  , they soon take your money and keep putting prices up 

This message was authored by Jmac136 This message was authored by: Jmac136

Same here, was working fine earlier now it won't even get past the "Sky" text and just reboot loops or black screen. Sky Glass TV working fine at the moment.

Lets hope they haven't bricked all the devices with an update.. wouldn't be the first time.. or second, that an update has killed them.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: My sky glass won't connect to my WiFi check everything still won't work

@JILLYSR 

No need to call. Sky are aware of the issue. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Can somebody try turning their router off and rebooting their tv . It may come on if it's not looking for skys servers and you may be able to use the hdmi sockets ........ can't try myself as month is working ok 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion