Discussion topic: Sky Glass- Issue after Issue

This message was authored by Thomas1988 This message was authored by: Thomas1988

Sky Glass- Issue after Issue

Since purchasing Sky Glass, at launch, we have had nothing but issue after issue. This was understandable when it was just rolling out and something we put up with but now, however many months later, we still don't seem to go more than a couple of days without some sort of crash or bug issue and the need to turn it off from the plug. I find it unacceptable this far down the road. We are paying a premium to have the latest "innovative" product from Sky and it just doesn't work. I can't see Sky Glass sticking around for very long  with all the issues it has and I will be ditching it as soon as the current contract ends. Great idea, poorly executed. 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky Glass- Issue after Issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Thomas1988  How is your Glass connecting to your router?  

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I have to agree that after what is it 18 months it should be a lot more stable.  When it works it's great, awesome picture quality on the puck with an oled but when all appears to be going well out of the blue something crops up to shatter the experience.

As a user you don't want hassle and faffing about but to just watch TV.

I gave my Sky Glass to my nephew and his uni flatmates to use as a monitor for their games. I was fed up of power off power on.

The issue is the wheels of development grind incredibly slowly and when one issue is fixed another breaks. ITVX is an example of this of late.

It was released to market too soon using paying customers to test which is OK to a degree but......

@GD1 wrote:

@Thomas1988  How is your Glass connecting to your router?  

This question is asked each time a customer highlights an issue and it is a valid one as hardwired brings stability, but shouldn't this be highlighted by Sky Customer Service at the point of sale or when buying online. Nowhere that i have found does it state best to hardwire 🤔

Thomas1988
Topic Author
This message was authored by Thomas1988 This message was authored by: Thomas1988

Hardwired to the router. It's not a connectivity issue. It's all the buggy issues, for example, we've just been watching something on ITVX and, without prompt or input from ourselves, Disney+ has just launched. Why? No idea, but it's these little things that just make Sky Glass not worth it. 

Thomas1988
Topic Author

Completley agree, it feels like we've been used for beta testing an unfinished product.

There will always be a need to mass test a new product, often it is mass use finds faults that beta testing doesn't pick up and that's fine but when you are 18 months or more into consumer use and the system is still buggy then that is a concern.

Sky move incredibly slowly in rolling out fixes and that frustrates.

As is often said Q was problematic at launch but not to the extent of stream.  

It's months away from being perfect. The question is, are you on-board for the journey 🤔

You can fly to Spain or take the coach. We are on the coach, the port is in chaos and the toilets are backed up 😂

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

I know we all like to see progress but for the time being I think Sky should actually stop introducing new features and concentrate on fixing what we already have.  Once that is done then by all means look at new features.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@Fothergill1 

I'm totally on board with that approach hope they are doing that for next few months.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion