Discussion topic: Sky 31 Day Rolling Contract

This message was authored by LikeADragon This message was authored by: LikeADragon

Sky 31 Day Rolling Contract

Hi, can someone explain to me how this works? I just recently joined Sky and chose the 31 day option instead of the 18 month contract but it looks like I'm not able to cancel my subscription so I don't get charged for another month. 

- How do I cancel?

- Why would I need to give 31 day notice when I'm only joining for one month?

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: Sky 31 Day Rolling Contract

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LikeADragon wrote:

So if I call Sky now, will I be charged for another month or can I just get the month as intended?

@LikeADragon  you will be charged 

to have avoided paying a second month you needed to have phone sky to cancel immediately after placing the order 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@LikeADragon wrote:

Hi, can someone explain to me how this works? I just recently joined Sky and chose the 31 day option instead of the 18 month contract but it looks like I'm not able to cancel my subscription so I don't get charged for another month. 

- How do I cancel?

@LikeADragon 

It is ridiculous but they require you to call them. It is advertised as a simple process and one that every other online/streaming service allows with a few clicks or taps. 

One can only presume it's a way of hoping that it puts people off doing it and they keep the subscription rolling. But that would be a cynical view...

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@LikeADragon wrote:

- How do I cancel?

@LikeADragon because it's a 31 day rolling contract so after 31 days it rolls onto another 31 days and so on untill you contact Sky to cancel

Its the same on any Sky product with Q or Sky + after your initial 18 moth contract the subscription continues on a 31 day rolling contract until you cancel it.

It will all be in the T&C's

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
LikeADragon
Topic Author
This message was authored by LikeADragon This message was authored by: LikeADragon

So if I call Sky now, will I be charged for another month or can I just get the month as intended?

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

@LikeADragon wrote:

@LikeADragon  you will be charged 

to have avoided paying a second month you needed to have phone sky to cancel immediately after placing the order 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
LikeADragon
Topic Author

Oh! That makes sense, and will definitely be doing that then. Cheers, SKY1992bf

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion