Discussion topic: Returning, no boxes sent?

This message was authored by Peter+A+Robertson This message was authored by: Peter+A+Robertson

Returning, no boxes sent?

Hi, I got SkyGlass a couple of weeks ago, but am still waiting for the boxes to be sent to me to return the SkyQ boxes. Is this normal?

Many thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Returning, no boxes sent?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The boxes will typically be sent once your 31 day cooling off period on the Glass has lapsed, in case you decide to revert back to Q in that timeframe.

You should received an email/text from Sky when they have dispatched the returns packaging.

In addition you can use any packaging as long as it’s secure and you may want to put a note inside with your account number and a list of equipment that is included. You can go via this link to get a return label created and printed: https://www.royalmail.com/track-my-return#/details/2164

If you don't receive the packaging, and Sky have sent you a text/email asking you to return the equipment, you can contact them and ask them to send some return packaging.

Full details on the returns process can be found here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-tv-broadband

Keep your proof of posting safe and the tracking number indefinitely. There have been a lot of reports of delays with the returns being processed, potentially taking 2 months, so its useful to keep proof or return that could be sent to Sky should they try and charge you with a failure to return fee.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

The boxes will typically be sent once your 31 day cooling off period on the Glass has lapsed, in case you decide to revert back to Q in that timeframe.

You should received an email/text from Sky when they have dispatched the returns packaging.

In addition you can use any packaging as long as it’s secure and you may want to put a note inside with your account number and a list of equipment that is included. You can go via this link to get a return label created and printed: https://www.royalmail.com/track-my-return#/details/2164

If you don't receive the packaging, and Sky have sent you a text/email asking you to return the equipment, you can contact them and ask them to send some return packaging.

Full details on the returns process can be found here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-tv-broadband

Keep your proof of posting safe and the tracking number indefinitely. There have been a lot of reports of delays with the returns being processed, potentially taking 2 months, so its useful to keep proof or return that could be sent to Sky should they try and charge you with a failure to return fee.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Peter+A+Robertson Your query has been answered by @MarkGoldsmith but just to give you an example my return boxes took just under 8 weeks to arrive.

Mark's advice about keeping the proof of postage is very important as there have been countless posts from people saying Sky are claiming they haven't received the returns.  This is despite the individuals receiving an email months ago thanking them for the return (if you get that email keep it safe as well).

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by bemak187 This message was authored by: bemak187

@Peter+A+RobertsonAs stated above absolutly vital to keep your proof of postage.  Sky's returns system can be a real shambles (I think its outsourced) and I have had experiecne myself of them claiming I hadnt returned kit.  They will actually request to see proof of postage if you get into a dispute with them.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion