Discussion topic: Recording films and not able to watch them back

This message was authored by PA767 This message was authored by: PA767

Recording films and not able to watch them back

When I record or "+"  a film on say bbc1 and then go to watch it say 3 weeks later, I often get a message such as - you cannot watch without a Disney+ subscription

I can only assume that the same film has been shown during that period on another channel..... very frustrating as we cannot effectively ever record a film.

Any suggestions welcome please?

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Recording films and not able to watch them back

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PA767  basically it's a case of watch live or not at all 

film rights are sold to channels either as live and or on demand but never together 

in most cases live channels tend to only buy the as live rights only leaving customers who want to watch at a later date in the position you find yourself in now 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Recording films and not able to watch them back

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

When you open the film on your playlist scroll down to Available Now and it will show you all the on-demand apps the film is available on. The default is typically either sky cinema (or if they don't have the film) the app where it's available longer term. The likes of ITV and BBC typically only get the rights to show a film of IPlayer or ItV X for 30 days after the broadcast.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion