Discussion topic: Paying more for glass tv

This message was authored by Uzma94 This message was authored by: Uzma94

Paying more for glass tv

We had glass tv a few months ago but i feel like it was mis sold to us. We already pay for the international package which we did with the previous sky and was told you just add the movies and programmes to your playlist. However when i go back to play some it is asking for amazon prime account and payment details. I am already paying for the international package with sky and all movies and everything recorded used to play for free with the other sky. So why am i having to pay double now?? Why was this not told to us before we were convinved that glass tv was the best option?? Anyone else had this issue and how did you go about it please. I am not happy to pay for an entertainment package as well as now paying for amazon prime to watch a movie that i have added to my playslist that i already pay for(entertainment package? .

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Paying more for glass tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Uzma94  With glass/stream rights are split between as live and on demand and sold separately to broadcasters 

the majority of linear tv broadcasters buy as live rights only meaning customers have to watch live or not at all

if you add content to playlists you need the relevant subscription to whoever holds the on demand rights at the time you playback 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

@Uzma94 

There isn't an international pack on Sky glass: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-faqs

The international channels are included with the entertainment pack. However unlike Sky Q you cannot record. If a channel has broadcast rights they can show a programme or movie live, but they may not have the rights for on demand, in which case you are sent to the service which has the on demand rights for content.

This has got better with Sky allowing cloud recording for some channels, but it's not universal and is the nature of Streaming rights.

If you think you have been mis sold you need to make a complaint: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

But the usual return window for Glass is 31 days.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Uzma94 

And I suspect the rights issues identified by @mikealanr and @SKY1992bf may disproportionately affect the International channels which previously used the satellite platforms with local recording.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion