Discussion topic: Other uses or otherwise

This message was authored by geebee51 This message was authored by: geebee51

Other uses or otherwise

What becomes of a glass TV set without sky broadband and sky glass tv. Will it work with virgin broadband and virgin TV as a "normal" TV or at least as Freeview via aerial receiver? 

If this has been answered previously I apologise.

Best Answers
geebee51
Topic Author
This message was authored by geebee51 This message was authored by: geebee51 Answer

Re: Other uses or otherwise

@TimmyBGood wrote Glass has a digital terrestrial television tuner and EPG......

@Mark39  wrote Supplier of broadband? Sky Glass will work with most broadband providers. 

I think that answers my question guys. Thanks.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@geebee51  See sky's help Here  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@geebee51 wrote:

or at least as Freeview via aerial receiver? 

Glass has a digital terrestrial television tuner and EPG active when broadband isn't, but note this is not actually 'Freeview' (which is one particular brand of EPG and associated hardware)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
geebee51
Topic Author
This message was authored by geebee51 This message was authored by: geebee51

@TimmyBGood   wrote Glass has a digital terrestrial television tuner and EPG active when broadband isn't, but note this is not actually 'Freeview'

It partly answers my query. I won't push regarding using a different supplier as I appreciate this is a sky forum

Thanks 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@geebee51 

For 'real' Freeview it's preferable to attach an external receiver or recorder over HDMI, because that permits the internet connection to the Glass set to remain active.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@geebee51 wrote:

@TimmyBGood   wrote Glass has a digital terrestrial television tuner and EPG active when broadband isn't, but note this is not actually 'Freeview'

It partly answers my query. I won't push regarding using a different supplier as I appreciate this is a sky forum

Thanks 

Supplier of broadband? Sky Glass will work with most broadband providers. My provider is BT.

geebee51
Topic Author
This message was authored by geebee51 This message was authored by: geebee51 Answer

@TimmyBGood wrote Glass has a digital terrestrial television tuner and EPG......

@Mark39  wrote Supplier of broadband? Sky Glass will work with most broadband providers. 

I think that answers my question guys. Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion