Discussion topic: Oops there has been a problem! Unable to activate Sky Stream

This message was authored by AHarrison80 This message was authored by: AHarrison80

Oops there has been a problem! Unable to activate Sky Stream

8FB0BE0D-9277-4FF0-A94E-D1F16A168815.png

Regardless of the browser I get this message when I try to activate my sky stream.  Had this all week.

My account isn't new, but a reactivation of an account some 6 months or so previously closed.

Called Sky three times and on each occasion been told that someone would look

into and be in touch.  Alas, no response!!

Best Answers
AHarrison80
Topic Author
This message was authored by AHarrison80 This message was authored by: AHarrison80 Answer

Re: Oops there has been a problem! Unable to activate Sky Stream

Well having been talked down to by two lovely advisors😞 on the phone, and an advisor on webchat whos solution like the other two were to reset the puck to fix an account error (note the error is a 501 bad gateway error), I decided enough is enough.

Clearly Comcast don't need my money or my business.

Puck is being returned, and the streaming service cancelled!

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AHarrison80 

Make sure you log into your MySky account before trying to enter your activation code at the following link:

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate 

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
AHarrison80
Topic Author
This message was authored by AHarrison80 This message was authored by: AHarrison80

Yes I have tried that.

But this does not resolve the problem!

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AHarrison80 wrote:

Yes I have tried that.

But this does not resolve the problem!

@AHarrison80 Sorry to hear that didn't work.  I suspect that your problem is a complication caused by the reactivation of an existing account as this is outside of the standard activation.  Although you have already spoken to them a number of times it is really the best thing to do again.

I doubt it will cover your situation, but I'm assuming you have already looked at the Stream troubleshooting guide:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/service-checker-sky-glass-sky-stream-puck-help 

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
AHarrison80
Topic Author

Oh dear!

4 phone calls, 2 hours of my time and am still no further forward.  Still receiving the same error.  

Last night I was told that the issue had been resolved and the query closed as the issue was me using the incorrect username!  Lol! If that were the case then I wouldn't have able to track my order!!!

If not resolved by end of the week, the puck is getting returned!!!

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@AHarrison80 wrote:

Oh dear!

4 phone calls, 2 hours of my time and am still no further forward.  Still receiving the same error.  

Last night I was told that the issue had been resolved and the query closed as the issue was me using the incorrect username!  Lol! If that were the case then I wouldn't have able to track my order!!!

If not resolved by end of the week, the puck is getting returned!!!

Hi @AHarrison80 

Thanks for using the Sky Community.

I've escalated your post to our Community Messaging team and they will be in touch over the next 48 hours. Just check back here every now and again. You're looking for the chat bubble in the bottom corner of the thread.

For more information on how the service works, click here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

AHarrison80
Topic Author
This message was authored by AHarrison80 This message was authored by: AHarrison80 Answer

Well having been talked down to by two lovely advisors😞 on the phone, and an advisor on webchat whos solution like the other two were to reset the puck to fix an account error (note the error is a 501 bad gateway error), I decided enough is enough.

Clearly Comcast don't need my money or my business.

Puck is being returned, and the streaming service cancelled!

This message was authored by JL1066 This message was authored by: JL1066

I have been having similar problems with a sky stream which won't except the activation code despite help from tech support. I think the issue is that I had previously (about a year ago) ordered but then cancelled sky glass but the account still thinks I have one (although it never arrived and I have never paid anything for it) but the account thinks the sky stream should run in conjunction with this ghost unit. Sky tech support eventually agreed that was probably the reason and have now asked the back office people (on hols over the bank holiday) to remove the sky glass from the account. Fingers crossed that will do the trick but your case sounds very similar to mine since you had a previous unit on your account.

This message was authored by ABurne60s This message was authored by: ABurne60s

@AHarrison80 Hello, I have been having this issue for months now. Have phoned sky and been told this issue is known to them and that it tends to happen on Apple devices. I have tried logging in first, using different devices and browsers and I always get the same message. I appreciate this post is a year old. I wonder if you ever got any help with this? Thanks

This message was authored by Geoffrey466 This message was authored by: Geoffrey466

I am having the same problem and not getting any help from Sky. I am not sure whether it's incompetence or they do not have a clear solution for this issue. I am considering cancelling my contract! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion