Discussion topic: Not options for anime watchers!

This message was authored by Arawak33 This message was authored by: Arawak33

Not options for anime watchers!

Im new in sky glass but very disappointed. No options for anime watchers. No Crunchyroll or access to internet to watch anime. Not possible to share screen with Crunchyroll or my phone. I need to have a Xbox/PlayStation Crunchyroll or connect my laptop through HDMI in order to watch Crunchyroll or anime websites. 

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: Not options for anime watchers!

@Arawak33 wrote:

Im new in sky glass but very disappointed. No options for anime watchers. No Crunchyroll or access to internet to watch anime. Not possible to share screen with Crunchyroll or my phone. I need to have a Xbox/PlayStation Crunchyroll or connect my laptop through HDMI in order to watch Crunchyroll or anime websites. 

It's not 'smarter than a smart TV' as the advertising suggests. It's a Sky-controlled 'entertainment platform' with no app store or means of choosing which apps are available. It's all up to Sky. 

It pays to do a bit of research before handing over hundreds of pounds for a TV. The channel and app list is freely available on the Sky website and any sales pitches from an employee of any company, not just Sky, should be taken with a very large pinch of salt. 

You have 31 days from activation of your Glass TV to return it for a full refund. You could then buy a smarter smart TV which does allow the customer to choose which apps are downloaded and perhaps connect a Sky Stream puck to it for much more flexibility. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Arawak33 wrote:

No options for anime watchers.

To be fair, I don't think Sky ever said there were.

As @SlenderRobert indicates, Glass is a proprietary platform specified, designed and built for consumption of services from providers with which Sky (Comcast) has a commercial relationship.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by PatriceW This message was authored by: PatriceW

I like that is being mentioned in the hopes it will later encourage sky to offer this app(crunchyroll) option within your platform. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion