Discussion topic: No inflation increases in April

This message was authored by slaters This message was authored by: slaters

No inflation increases in April

It has been reported today that those who took out Glass/Stream contracts after 22/10 last year will not see any price increases while in contract, i.e. in April with everything else across the board That's great news with all the other rises. 

Customers on other services will see 8.1% price  hikes. 

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2023/02/sky-broadband-tv-price-hikes-2023/

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: No inflation increases in April

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@slaters 

Some welcome news 

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Interesting. 

I wonder if those (like me) who signed up to Stream during the soft launch on a 31 day contract, before the official launch on Oct 18th, will get a price increase? 

I'm already on a discounted rate and do not fancy paying a penny more, considering how little we use it, so maybe it's time to jump ship... 

This message was authored by Lawrence+cope This message was authored by: Lawrence+cope

So anyone who is not on Glass/stream is subsidising your prices then...well done Sky, fleece your customers🖕.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

It's expensive enough already but I suppose an increase is to be expected. 😡

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@slaters I took Glass in October 2021 and I note my Sky package will be increasing by £8 a month, We were holding back on leaving sky, but this makes up our minds and will be giving our 30 day notice. 

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@Anonymous wrote:

@slaters I took Glass in October 2021 and I note my Sky package will be increasing by £8 a month, We were holding back on leaving sky, but this makes up our minds and will be giving our 30 day notice. 

We are in the same mindset. We can afford to keep it as working full time etc but with our bill going up by £8 a month too, it's no longer good value. 

We handed in our notice via email yesterday as our current contract expires soon. We received an email today saying that the value team will call in the next few days, but we're of the mindset that even with discounts, it's just not good value anymore. 

We are still on Q and haven't moved to Stream. At least with Q, they will undoubtedly throw the offers out when I speak to them. I feel for those on Stream due to the current stance of no discounts. 

slaters
Topic Author
This message was authored by slaters This message was authored by: slaters

@Anonymous 

Hi, when did you take out yours as articles mention no price rises for those who took out Glass/Stream after 18/10 last year.

Which packages and how much each if you don't mind posting. Thanks 👍

@d2h as it is for you, it's not about affordability but value for money.  If we subscribe to the apps we use we will save about £30 month. 

@slaters we joined Glass the week after launch in October 2021.  Not only will we see an £8 rise now, but another £5 for the dreadful advert skipping feature that will be applied in the coming months.  Here is my current and future subscription costs 

7A0E838B-5DFA-479E-BC26-51A7F5F487C2.jpeg994DA4D2-A802-4DCF-9BBB-60EC5A4CD7D4.jpeg

This message was authored by WG+Wright This message was authored by: WG+Wright

@Anonymous like yourself we've had Glass since the outset. However with all the issues we've had to put up with and now being told that my subscription will increase by £8 per month it's the final straw. So will be cancelling my Sky subscription as well. I'm aware that I'm required to give 30 days notice but following the links on My Sky gives no indication as to how I can do this - there is no email address given. Do I therefore have to call and cancel?

Sky Glass 43 inch (replacing Sky Q) Sky FTTP Ultrafast 2

@d2h Could you let me know which email address you sent notification of your intention to cancel to as I want to do the same. Many thanks

@WG+Wright on the app you have to go into the what you watch and under the entertainment section you can cancel Sky TV.  As soon as I have confirmation of a delivery date for my replacement TV, I will clicking the button - probably tomorrow or Tuesday.  

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@WG+Wright @Anonymous  or anyone else reading this thread if you're on the 18 month subscription option you won't be able to cancel unless the increase is more than 10% if sky follow the same principle as they do for their other tv products 

check terms and conditions if on this option 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

@Anonymous I have tried that and all it does is says I need to give 30 days notice but information on how to to do it or who to send to

@SKY1992bf @Anonymous I bought my Glass outright when it was launched and have only ever been on a rolling monthly contract for my TV package

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion