Discussion topic: Netflix log in not recognised

This message was authored by Coldwell92 This message was authored by: Coldwell92

Netflix log in not recognised

Hi there,

When I first got Sky Glass we logged into Netflix with my Mums log in not mine by mistake (which they are billed through Sky) 

Since Netflix changed their household policy we have been booted off which is fine so I tried to log in with my Sky details and it says call to upgrade? When I log into Netflix I have no package but Sky.com says I have standard with ads? My Mums account is billed through Sky and they have the add on so not sure how I get my Netflix on my Glass! 

Its a bit of a merry go round but I surely can't be the only one? Did anyone else have this problem and know how to resolve it and who with Sky or Netflix?

TIA

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Netflix log in not recognised

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Coldwell92 wrote:

Hi there,

When I first got Sky Glass we logged into Netflix with my Mums log in not mine by mistake (which they are billed through Sky) 

This means that your Sky account will be linked to your Mum's netflix account. You will need to contact Netflix and ask them to unlink your Mum's Netflix account from your Sky account. Once this is done you will be able to login to your Netflix account via your Sky Glass and that will then link your Sky and Netflix accounts together.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

@Coldwell92 wrote:

Hi there,

This means that your Sky account will be linked to your Mum's netflix account. You will need to contact Netflix and ask them to unlink your Mum's Netflix account from your Sky account. Once this is done you will be able to login to your Netflix account via your Sky Glass and that will then link your Sky and Netflix accounts together.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

@Coldwell92 

Just to add to the excellent advise already provided by @MarkGoldsmith. Skys official info on this states:

"Do not use a friends/family Netflix log in details on your Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck when logging in for the first time as this will link their login details to your Sky account and it can't be reversed.

Please note: If you've linked the wrong Netflix account to your Sky account, you'll need to contact Netflix directly to update it."

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/apps-on-sky-q-and-glass-using-netflix

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
Coldwell92
Topic Author
This message was authored by Coldwell92 This message was authored by: Coldwell92

Thanks everybody! 

I wil reach out to Netflix and let you know -  is there any key words or triage approach when speaking to Netflix on live chat ir the phone as it's quite a unique problem. Also account sharing isn't allowed so unsure how I can provide my Mums details and then they access her account if I am speaking to them? 

Not ideal I know but was just a mistake and can't be the only one! 

Coldwell92
Topic Author

Thanks @mikealanr and @MarkGoldsmith you are absolutly right I had to reach out to Netflix. 

For anyone who needs a prompt/guide see below - I did it all over Netflix Live Chat.

1. Log into your email address on Netlfix - make sure its the same as your SkyId email
  2. Start Live chat with Netflix
  3. Mention - Sky account is occupied by other user / unlink my Netflix account on Sky
  4. Live chat will ask you to share the Service code from the Netflix account that you accidently linked to so you will need their permission help to log into their account
  5. Netflix reset within seconds and you can log back in on your Glass/Stream

All back up and running digitally no phone calls!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion