Discussion topic: Screen freeze, loss of sound, tv switches off

This message was authored by Gch2 This message was authored by: Gch2

Screen freeze, loss of sound, tv switches off

For almost a month haven't been able to use the Sky Glass tv without an issue. It either freezes, gets stuck glitching, switches off randomly (not alway la coming back on easily) or loss of sound. Its not intermittent. Every time it's used now. But not always the same thing happening. Sometimes self corrects but mainly requires a full restart. 

All Replies

This message was authored by amy249white This message was authored by: amy249white

Re: Screen freeze, loss of sound, tv switches off

@Gch2hpinstantink wrote:

For almost a month haven't been able to use the Sky Glass tv without an issue. It either freezes, gets stuck glitching, switches off randomly (not alway la coming back on easily) or loss of sound. Its not intermittent. Every time it's used now. But not always the same thing happening. Sometimes self corrects but mainly requires a full restart. 

Hello,
I've been experiencing persistent issues with my Sky Glass TV for almost a month. It frequently freezes, glitches, randomly switches off, or loses sound. This happens every time I use it, often requiring a full restart to resolve. Any advice on how to fix this?

Best regards,
amy249white

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

That's all the signs of an unstable network connection. The sky streaming platform requires a fast and stable internet connection.

What broadband speed do you get to your property?

Is the Sky device connected to the internet via WiFi or Ethernet cable?

Who is your ISP?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Gch2
Topic Author

I've already had BT onto that as it was my first thought but they say it is sufficient and working well. It's a Wi-Fi connection, not far from the main hub. I'll try adding another booster. 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

What is the connection speed between Glass TV and router?

Exiled in HH
Gch2
Topic Author

I've just done a speed test on BT app and it's says 69 MB download  and 18 upload 

I don't know what that means....

Gch2
Topic Author

@Exiled-in-HH 

I've just done a speed test on BT app and it's says 69 MB download  and 18 upload 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

So based on that I'd suggest disabling the WiFi on the Sky device and connecting it up via an Ethernet cable instead.

If that improves things then you know the root cause is the strength and stability of the WiFi signal.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Gch2 wrote:

@Exiled-in-HH 

That is one way to measure the general speed but not the connection speed between the Glass TV and the internet.... that can be done on the Netflix app or YouTube app ... Netflix app > Get Help > Check your network😉

Sky really should have their own check capability on Glass TVs and Pucks🤔

Exiled in HH
Gch2
Topic Author

@amy249white this is exactly what mine is doing! 

@Gch2 wrote:

@Exiled-in-HH 

That doesn't supply the connection speed between the router and Sky device🤔

You can obtain the correct information using the Netflix app or YouTube app on the Sky device😉

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion