Discussion topic: Music channels

This message was authored by StaceyH100 This message was authored by: StaceyH100

Music channels

Hi, I have Sky Glass and my partner has Sky Q. He has so many more music channels than I do. Am I doing something wrong, or does Sky Glass not have all of the music channels?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding Answer

Re: Music channels

Sky glass has less channels across all genres including music. Did you check the channels you could receive before you purchased glass ? Always wise 🙂

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@StaceyH100 @The music channels shown on glass are what you have. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
StaceyH100
Topic Author
This message was authored by StaceyH100 This message was authored by: StaceyH100

Do you know why it is different for Sky Glass and Sky Q?

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding Answer

Sky glass has less channels across all genres including music. Did you check the channels you could receive before you purchased glass ? Always wise 🙂

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
StaceyH100
Topic Author

I thought that might be the case. I didn't check - I assumed it would be the same 🤦‍♀️. It's not a big deal; I was just curious as to why the channels were different. Thank you for your help.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@StaceyH100 further to the other posts I have provided a link below which shows which channels are and are not on the Sky streaming platform.  This was last updated on 7th September

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-channel-list-sky-glass 

As you will see there are far fewer channels than on Sky Q.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by GP221 This message was authored by: GP221

What is the reason why sky glass give less music channels than SkyQ? 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@GP221  No one on the forum will know the actual reasons but there are 2 parties involved, Sky & the channel owners and likely to be a complicated process for being added to another platform.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Likely because there is becoming less of a demand for music channels.

It takes an agreement from the owner of the channel and ask for the channels to be available by the platform, so perhaps a number of the owners don't think the cost associated with also being on the sky streaming platform is worth it.

Also music channels are becoming a thing of the past with them gradually closing. Most people consume their music from YouTube or music streaming services like Spotify.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion