Discussion topic: Missing channels

Happymummy04
Topic Author
This message was authored by Happymummy04 This message was authored by: Happymummy04

Re: Missing channels

@slaters I like Christian channels which are definitely missing on sky glass 

This message was authored by LikeADragon This message was authored by: LikeADragon

@martswain  I never said an active Sky+ subscription.

This message was authored by LikeADragon This message was authored by: LikeADragon

I think you should just get Sky Q then to be fair

Happymummy04
Topic Author
This message was authored by Happymummy04 This message was authored by: Happymummy04

That's what I have now. 

Keep it. It's the better product

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Happymummy04 wrote:

That's what I have now. 

@Happymummy04 

Many people move to Glass or Stream in the belief it is an upgrade.  It is not, it is simply an alternative way of getting Sky if you can't, or don't want, a satellite dish.

Having read this thread and noted your posts, I would suggest that Sky Q is currently a better platform for your requirements.  This may change in due course as streaming will undoubtedly be the future of TV watching.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Candy3 This message was authored by: Candy3

Oh really? Is this possible???

I litteraly just installed Sky Glass to just realise I can't get my Christian channels. Any help on how to set this up?? I have a sky box HD+

Happymummy04
Topic Author

@Candy3  Unfortunately I don't think there's anything you can do except access those channels on other platforms. That's why I'm not buying sky glass. 

Ah ok. I already bought it and I don't have sky Q in my area. I might have return the sky glass and leave sky tv altogether. Which other platforms give these channels, anyone know? Otherwise I will just check online. Thank you. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Candy3 wrote:

I don't have sky Q in my area. 

Q should be available in any 'area' of the UK and RoI: the satellite signal has a national coverage.  There may however be restrictions on having a satellite dish on a particular building.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by martswain This message was authored by: martswain

@Candy3 if you previoulsy had Sky+ HD and your own dish then Sky Q will be an option.

You may need a new dish and LNB but Sky will install that along with the Q box.

Thank you very much. Apparently they don't have Sky Q in my area (although some on my street have it, some don't, I think the block of flats in my street are the only ones but not sure). So I might be a bit stuck. I do have the dish and the old sky box HD +

This message was authored by martswain This message was authored by: martswain

@Candy3 wrote:

Thank you very much. Apparently they don't have Sky Q in my area (although some on my street have it, some don't, I think the block of flats in my street are the only ones but not sure). So I might be a bit stuck. I do have the dish and the old sky box HD +

Then you DO have the ability to change to Q if you so wish.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Candy3 

Again, Sky Q is not limited by area: the signal is broadcast from exactly the same satellite cluster as Sky+ and falls on the same geographical regions.

There could be no availability of Q at a particular address if a dish cannot be fitted, if a previously installed dish is unreachable for modification or where a communal system in use for Sky+ has not been updated for Sky Q.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Thank you everyone. When I wanted to upgrade fTom my sky box HD I was offered Sky Q. I proceeded wit the order. The next day, my order was cancelled and Sky told me it's because it wasn't available in my area. 
Anyway all is good. I am with Sky now and they are now telling me that Sky Q is available! So changing everything around to get Sky Q!!! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion