Discussion topic: Missing channels

This message was authored by luxong This message was authored by: luxong

Missing channels

Why are some channels available on Sky Q not available on Sky Glass? I'm furious!!

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: Missing channels

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @luxong 

It's because Sky Glass / Stream is a completely different product compared to Sky+ / Sky Q. Often people wrongly believe it is an upgrade but it is not. 

It's designed for people who can't / don't want a satellite dish.

The channels available are here

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-channel-list-sky-glass 

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@luxong wrote:

Why are some channels available on Sky Q not available on Sky Glass? I'm furious!!

You can easily revert back to Sky Q if you don't like it. 

The channel list on Sky Glass has been freely available since launch. It's up to the consumer to check that it meets their own requirements. If someone at Sky specifically told you that a certain channel was available on Glass when it isn't, then they probably just weren't fully aware of the capabilities of their own product (most likely) or you were just simply lied to. 

Either way, the simplest solution is to revert back to Sky Q. If you like the Glass TV you can attach a Q box to it and return to the channels you had before and have the ability to properly record them. 

luxong
Topic Author
This message was authored by luxong This message was authored by: luxong

Thanks for replying  but having had responses from Sky & Talking Pictures TV  I have discovered that in their infinite wisdom Sky Glass have decided not to include certain channels in their bundles. I'm furious as not only do I find most of the available channels not to my taste (was 70 on Xmas Eve) I adored The Footage Detectives on a Sunday afternoon plus I (well it was my son actually) was told I could watch everything I had been watching on Sky Q.  Annoyingly,  I can't go back to Sky Q as can't afford the ludicrous £220 odd a month subscription anymore and no, I don't have the up to date tech stuff to be able to stream (whatever that means)  only a second-hand iPhone passed down to me by my daughter-in-law and whilst I'm in a whinging mood,  I don't even have a TV anymore just the Glass screen which isn't anywhere near as perfect a picture (what's happened to the colour?) as my old telly!  Think we've been sold a dud'en!

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Hi @luxong 

Sky Glass streams, it means it come via the Internet. 

I'd be very concerned if your Sky Q subscription was £220 per month, the pricing of channel packs on Glass & Sky Q are pretty much the same but on Sky Q you get more channels.

Sky Glass is a TV, you get your channels streamed to it, you can use apps and connect DVD player etc you probably need to adjust the picture settings to suit your room.

Or if you think the TV is faulty contact Sky who will do troubleshooting with you.

As posted above you can return Glass for a full refund and go bck to Sky Q.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Richardr1 This message was authored by: Richardr1

Talking Pictures is a free to air channel, so if you still have your old Sky receiver it will pick it up with no subscription.

If you don't have that, but still have your satellite dish, any freesat satellite box will pick it up.

Sky Q 2TB box and one Minibox
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@luxong wrote:

Annoyingly,  I can't go back to Sky Q as can't afford the ludicrous £220 odd a month subscription anymore

Difficult to get even an out-of-contract price with all the options to add up to half of that.  Ultimate TV / Sports / Cinema / Multiscreen / UHD is £79 on a new minimum term.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@luxong 

As @Richardr1 indicates, Talking Pictures is on both Freesat (306) and Freeview (82)

Although a Glass television does have a built-in Freeview tuner this is only active when the set has no internet connection, so an external receiver with an aerial feed is more versatile.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@luxong 

If you were paying £220 then there is something fundamentally wrong there!

If Talking Pictures is a must cancel Stream and go back to Q it should only cost around £29 with the basics with the price increase.

I contacted Talking Pictures before Christmas and they tweeted the same that they want to be on Stream but Sky are restricting them. How true that is I don't know.

I'd like to see the channel on stream but for now I use freesat for that.

EDIT:

Here you go, the tweet.

Screenshot_20230216_120541_Twitter.jpg

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@TimmyBGood 

Does the Glass Freeview tuner work if the set has no active Sky subscription attached to it?

This message was authored by M3rk This message was authored by: M3rk

@Tim+Adams wrote:

Hi @luxong 

It's because Sky Glass / Stream is a completely different product compared to Sky+ / Sky Q. Often people wrongly believe it is an upgrade but it is not. 

It's designed for people who can't / don't want a satellite dish.

@Tim+Adams  ... that's not the case IMO, I have access to dishes but choose glass / stream as I did/do see this as an upgrade to Q, which I felt was becoming old / tired compared to where TV and streaming is going. Obviously that's my own opinion and we all have them 👍 

@SlenderRobert wrote:

Does the Glass Freeview tuner work if the set has no active Sky subscription attached to it?

I don't know: it's not mentioned on the associated web page.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

There's a few videos on YouTube showing Sky Glass without subscription may be useful. 🤔

https://youtu.be/iiCO8NXWN5E

This message was authored by country.girl This message was authored by: country.girl

Can you get the 'English' channels on Sky Glass? Channel 5, 5+, 5*, 5*+?? I know from the list you shared Now 70's isn't on it?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@country.girl  There are no +1 channels on Glass/Stream, see the full list here https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-channel-list-sky-glass

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion