Discussion topic: Wide red line on glass TV

This message was authored by K4yl2 This message was authored by: K4yl2

Wide red line on glass TV

Hello,

why does my glass tv suddenly have a wide line going down the front of my screen? It was working fine last night,  the screen was normal, it has been turned on today when we got home and there is now a line going down the screen. The line is about 3-4 inches wide, and it goes straight from the top to the bottom of the tv screen.  We have tried turning it off and on but it is still there, i have had it for about a year, but i pay it off monthly as i cancelled the streaming for it and returned to sky Q.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Wide red line on glass TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@K4yl2  I had something similar on my Glass TV about 18 months ago.  I left the TV unplugged overnight and the line was gone in the morning and luckily never came back.  Give it a try but if it doesn't work or it comes back then call Sky for for additional troubleshooting and if necessary a replacement TV (if still under warranty).

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

@K4yl2  I had something similar on my Glass TV about 18 months ago.  I left the TV unplugged overnight and the line was gone in the morning and luckily never came back.  Give it a try but if it doesn't work or it comes back then call Sky for for additional troubleshooting and if necessary a replacement TV (if still under warranty).

K4yl2
Topic Author
This message was authored by K4yl2 This message was authored by: K4yl2

Ok then, i shall try unplugging it tonight and see if that works.

thank you

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@K4yl2  Take a picture of the TV so you have something you can show to Sky if  my suggestions doesn't work.  In my case it was a dark grey line about 2-3 inches wide.

Good luck.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion