Discussion topic: Live sync

This message was authored by mr+pea This message was authored by: mr+pea

Live sync

Evening everyone. Currently watching the liverpool game on my sky glass, i have ultra HD.

when i put the game on sky sports UHD i noticed an option to select "live sync". I did that and it didnt really change anything. Just wondering if anyone knows the purpose of it? Tried goggle and cant find anything.

All Replies

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Live sync

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Described here;

Sky Sports Main Event soon to be available in Low Latency 

• Sky Sports Main Event viewers will soon be able to watch the channel in Low Latency, reducing the time between the action on the pitch and watching on your Sky Glass or Stream. Latency has been reduced by over 20 seconds, which means you can now watch your favourite sports faster than many other streaming services. 
  • Sky Sports Main Event viewers will be able to watch sports in Low Latency over the coming months, before being rolled out to other Sky Sports channels this year. 

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/entertainment-os-on-sky-keeps-getting-smarter-thanks-to-cleve...

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by simalyne This message was authored by: simalyne

Why don't sky just do this anyway? Surely the standard channel should come with the least amount of delay possible as default?

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@simalyne wrote:

Why don't sky just do this anyway? Surely the standard channel should come with the least amount of delay possible as default?

They are expecting it to later this year.

But it's technologically harder to distribute such a broadcast and control steadily for a customer than it seems.

It  can put a bit of extra stress on some more demanding home networks and it is a more complicated stream for Sky to produce and distribute.

That is the reason Sky have been testing it with the two low latency specific channels and now available on the Main Event channel.

That I expect has and is giving them a good gradual base for eventually moving it to other channels.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by simalyne This message was authored by: simalyne

Makes sense. They probably need to be careful because my picture quality has been poor on live UHD for last 2 weeks. Getting 280 broadband speed through virgin but the sky glass tv keeps glitching. Looks like signal issues, flashing on and off every 15-20 mins with the sky sports sign etc.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion